German Novel Questions

TheRedDuke

Spaceman
Hey I stumbled on this yesterday Googling a WC image search:

http://www.freunde.de/shop/product_info.php?products_id=134

It reminded me of that thread several months ago about the various German cover differences, and I seem to recall some question as to whether this book contained the story to TPOF or False Colors. Did anyone find out either way? I ask because the numbering this site gives the books seems wrong...TPOF was the 5th book in the series, not the 6th.

Anyway, I thought the cover was kind of cool, but it makes me curious...were the alternate covers for the German novels done specifically for those novels, or we they just stock sci-fi artwork thrown on there for one reason or another?

That's the WCIV novel. "Der Preis der Freiheit" means "The Price of Freedom".

The Wing Commander Movie novel may be considered Book 5 in the German scheme.

It's just slush artwork - I'm sure you could find an English book with the same cover.

I don't think so, it's probably a generic cover art (does "slush" mean that?). In Germany (maybe everywhere) cover arts are very often re-used for different novels having nothing to do with the book that featured the art for the first time.

does "slush" mean that?

'Slush art' means that - basically, the collection of 'generic' art a cheap publisher can use for their book.

(Slush itself is melted snow.)

Back