WC4 (1995)
WCP (1997)
WCSO (1998)

WC Privateer (1991?)
WC Privateer II (1996?)

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

just becouse the game is set in a later time doesn't mean it's older...P1 set's in the end of the war...

Isn't all this in the Background section of the CIC?

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

What I was looking for then, and still am is the month or day of the year. I figuired the year itself was fairly obvious.

Like lots of games, not all of a series locks in precisely and consecutively
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody really knows the exact dates... well, they actually might know them for the later games.
You could find SO & WCP Gold release dates by looking through the news archives for '98. And looking through news archives is actually quite interesting
smile.gif
. Kinda funny now, when you read about how P3 is coming in about two years
biggrin.gif

No one knows for sure what the WC1 release date was... WC2, I'm not sure of but WC3 and on you should be able to find by searching the net (If you can find the ol' WC3 FAQ out there it should have it)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

It will good the have the exact date of WC1 to celebrate the WC decade anniversary.

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

I no longer have my copy, but I remember there was a lot of info on the release of WC1 in the book called Wing Commander I & II: The Ultimate Strategy Guide. It's out of print, I checked, but someone may have it. Sort of had it's own "history" of the war, if I recall and was written "in the future" where WC1 was euqivalent to a WWII flight sim. But the last third of the book talked about design concpets, the roll out of the game and had an interview with Chris Roberts.

LOAF discovered, from the mouth of Chris Roberts himself, that the release date of WC1 was Sept. 26th 1990.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

September 26? The CIC should hold a party or something on that day.
smile.gif

------------------
Meson

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Unless they get better band width, it`ll be hard to get everyone on-line to celebrate, won`t it, but hey, that`s an idea.
smile.gif

Hey, why don't you celebrate on IRC?
Bandwidth or not, it will be great!
smile.gif

Back