Galaxy needs Texture

John Cordell

Spaceman
A while ago BradMick created a wonderful galaxy mesh but it still does not have an appropriate texture.

Look at this beauty, she needs your help!

bradmickcenturion3.jpg

bradmickcenturion4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm glad you're continuing to keep trying to make your project more and more like the original.

Personally I'd sooner see the AI and physics model closer to original than prettier models.

I'll just shut my non-productive trap now. I do understand that's hard to do without having a source code to pick apart.

My god!
It's like a heavy fighter more than a cargo ship!
Galaxy was once a cargo ship in privateer originals isn't it?

That would be one hell of a large heavy fighter...

I don't know, it looks to me like how the Galaxy is supposed to look. As a matter of fact, it looks damn good.

Flex

i actually did that model a long time ago, with the Centurion and Tarsus as well. Back before I learned how to do kick ass things like UV Unwrap a model.

It's been doing the rounds since trying to get that perfect texture.

And, thats actually a hyper accurate version of the Galaxy as well, I used special references to build her. There are only a couple of things missing from her, only because the tri count was high enough...heheh, its a beast.

Yes, I second that. The model is beautiful.

I do have a question though. Will the cockpits of the Galaxy and the Tarsus be transparent like they are at present?

I'd imagine this one is the easiest Priv ship to texture... if you have the box cover and the manual cover, you've got a damn good reference on how to texture most (if not all) parts of the ship.

It's a pretty complex design, though, so unwrapping it efficiently will probably be a pain.

Crowley said:
Personally I'd sooner see the AI and physics model closer to original than prettier models.

That is quite difficult to do, there will be very little changes in 1.01.

mat_yarrow said:
I do have a question though. Will the cockpits of the Galaxy and the Tarsus be transparent like they are at present?

The Tarsus is "transparent". It depends on the artist who textures the galaxy if it will be transparent again personally i can live without it :)

Eder said:
I'd imagine this one is the easiest Priv ship to texture... if you have the box cover and the manual cover, you've got a damn good reference on how to texture most (if not all) parts of the ship.

Look i wonder why the one who textured the model the first time invented a new texture for it...

Back