Funniest moment

Originally posted by Chris Blair
Why only Lt.?

Dunno. A good achivement. A good effort. Plus I'm prouder to wear scars than I would be to wear stars. Unless we're talking Resident Evil's STARS, but that's another matter entirely.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
Like that one. They played around with that one a bit. Thought of another one in TPOF, when things go from SNAFU to TARFU all the way to FUBAR.

Blair: Welcome to Tolymon.
Maniac: Can I have my money back for this tour?

Tolymon? That almost sounds like a system named after Adm. Tolwyn. :p

BTW: What is the TAR in TARFU? I know SNAFU and FUBAR, but not TARFU.

Anyway, I just LOVE whenever Maniac is acting like he is not taking things seriously. Like in "Heart of the Tiger", where he says "Just great. We jump out of one nebula and right into another. We must be taking the whole galactic nebula package tour!":D

Originally posted by Ijuin
Tolymon? That almost sounds like a system named after Adm. Tolwyn. :p

BTW: What is the TAR in TARFU? I know SNAFU and FUBAR, but not TARFU.

Anyway, I just LOVE whenever Maniac is acting like he is not taking things seriously. Like in "Heart of the Tiger", where he says "Just great. We jump out of one nebula and right into another. We must be taking the whole galactic nebula package tour!":D

Oh God, I hope there isn't a system named after Turdwyn.

FUBAR stands for Things Are Really F***** Up.

Originally posted by Happy
I'm rather partial to when Casey was rambling about Blair in the Midway Briefing room.
Bleh, that just lowered my opinion of Casey even more. :(

Phil get a signature.
Okay, how about this for a sig?

What makes Tharkhath think that killing women makes him a badass?
I was going to say you should use CB's quote as your signature. BTW, it's Thrakhath.

I don't know, practicly [sic] everyone has one except cadets.
You don't have to have a signature just because everyone else has one. Quarto's survived without using one.

I hope there isn't a system named after Turdwyn.
It's debatable whether Tolwyn was good or bad (so much so we've had endless debates about it, which inevitably leads to Nazi discussion), but there's no reason to call him a Turd. I prefer to remember him as the leader he was in WC2 (at least SO1/2) than what he became in WC4.

FUBAR stands for Things Are Really F***** Up.
Took me a long while, but I thought it was Fnc|<3d Up Beyond All Recognition. So would someone care to to enlighten me about TARFU and SNAFU?

"I was going to say you should use CB's quote as your signature. BTW, it's Thrakhath."

Thanks, will correct.

"It's debatable whether Tolwyn was good or bad (so much so we've had endless debates about it, which inevitably leads to Nazi discussion), but there's no reason to call him a Turd. I prefer to remember him as the leader he was in WC2 (at least SO1/2) than what he became in WC4."

I know. Plus I quite like Malcom McDowell. I said it because of Blair's comments in the Wing Commander novel, plus I thought it was funny.

"Took me a long while, but I thought it was Fnc|<3d Up Beyond All Recognition. So would someone care to to enlighten me about TARFU and SNAFU?"

Certainly. SNAFU is Situation Normal, All Fouled (or the other F word if you prefer) Up, and FUBAR is Fouled Up Beyond All Repair.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Hmm, seems SNAFU is a bit of a contradiction to me. So what's TARFU?

Well, SNAFU is intended to describe a mission failure incident. At least it's not as big an oxymoron as some milspeak. TARFU stands for Things Are Really (insert F word of your choice here) Up.

Originally posted by Wedge009
So is it supposed to go in some order, like SNAFU -> TARFU -> FUBAR?

Bingo. A SNAFU would be something like retreating in the Secret Missions. TARFU would be the Behemoth incident, and FUBAR would be if you reach Proxima.

I've noticed in Wing Commander III that Blair's insignia changes from Lt. Colonel to Colonel multiple times, same with Hobbes.

The funniest moment in WC has to be the pep talk Eisen gives you just before you fight Flash in the sim in WC3.

Originally posted by Aries
The funniest moment in WC has to be the pep talk Eisen gives you just before you fight Flash in the sim in WC3.

That would be one of my fave bits. Also, the changed scene from the HOTT novel of Blair and Maniac about Rachel. If you know it, I'd say the only thing that would have made this scene better is if Blair broke Maniac's jaw.

Back