Funniest moment

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
As for this thread I thought a pretty funny moment in the games was when Blair tried to hug Hobbes in the beginning of WC3 and hobbes had a weird look on his face of discomfort if I'm remembering this correctly.
I... don't remember this.

on a related topic, how did hobbes fit into a fighter cockpit designed for a human; he was much bigger and his legs were different to humans.
Did he have a specially modifed cockpit or something?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Was that the bit where Flash was moaning about being stuck on the Victory when things are going bad?

Yep.:D I'd call it whining, though.

And the Blair/Hobbes scene, Blair was trying to get Hobbes to kick his leg by scratching him.:D

Originally posted by Oggy
on a related topic, how did hobbes fit into a fighter cockpit designed for a human; he was much bigger and his legs were different to humans.
Did he have a specially modifed cockpit or something?

Well, Hobbes would have been, what, seven feet? Assuming that the fighters arn't custom built to Blair's size so that 'he' can barely fit in, I assume that Hobbes could fly a Confed fighter just fine. It'll just be a little difficult, the same as maybe if you were quite big and tall and tried one of those arcade racers like Daytona, or Ace Combat or one of those flight sims where the whole unit moves about, if you wanted it a little closer to home, so far as in flying and all.

also remember that Blair and company were able to fly dralthis in SO2, so there can't be THAT much size difference.

Originally posted by WildWeasel
I think he's referring to the pat on the back that Blair gives Hobbes after their first conversation in Flight Control.

Thats what I was refering to. I thought he tried to give em a hug but now I remember what happened. he reached over giving a pat on the back of hobbes. which hobbes gave him a wierd look and made a I'm not comfortable kind of growl that wasn't threatening but was annoyed am I correct on this? :D I havent played the game in like 6 or 7 years but Sometimes I remember bits and pieces and they arn't always exactly what happened and sometimes are close but no cigar but thats what I was referring to. :) thanks for correcting me on that one.:)

how do you survive? not playing WC3 in 7 years...damn, I can't go one year without playing it atleast once! :D

I don't know how and I miss it but no way in hell am I gonna shell $150 out to buy a Kilrathi Saga or WC4 especally used even though I can fix scratches thanks to Disc Doctor.. That being said I would if I could get Kilrathi Saga, WC4, and WCP Gold bundled together. But that ain't gonna happen either.

Originally posted by TC
Why don't you buy the original non-KS versions? And WC4 doesn't cost very much...

Not sure it would be very compatable with winxp, So I would probably want to go with kilrathi saga. And I've said in the past I'm not very comfortable shopping on ebay as I have been burned in the past by them.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
You'd also be able to get the Playstation versions for...oooohhhh...seven or eight bucks second hand.

I had the chance once but was told it wouldn't work on my ps2 (which I no longer own, sold the system, games, and all accessories to get three disc dvd player and the Xbox.) because those were just part of a very few not compatable with the backwards compatability. I should of anyway as I would gladly go out right now and pick up the outdated PSX\PS1 for just those two games. Plus I am one of the lucky few with a copy of the very rare Castlevania: SOTN (well it is now anyway) and have no way to play it. If I run across them used in a Video Game store I definently pick them up but I won't by them off ebay that I can tell is for sure.:D

Not sure it would be very compatable with winxp, So I would probably want to go with kilrathi saga. And I've said in the past I'm not very comfortable shopping on ebay as I have been burned in the past by them.

the non-ks games and WC4 are dos based games so having winxp shouldn't affect them (unless your PC is like mine where it doesn't recognize CDs outside of windows)

I had the chance once but was told it wouldn't work on my ps2 (which I no longer own, sold the system, games, and all accessories to get three disc dvd player and the Xbox.) because those were just part of a very few not compatable with the backwards compatability. I should of anyway as I would gladly go out right now and pick up the outdated PSX\PS1 for just those two games. Plus I am one of the lucky few with a copy of the very rare Castlevania: SOTN (well it is now anyway) and have no way to play it. If I run across them used in a Video Game store I definently pick them up but I won't by them off ebay that I can tell is for sure.:D

I'm not sure about it being backwards compatible on the PS2, but it might be worth renting if you can rent it somewhere to find out. Don't you have a Blockbuster, or some other video store that rents out games?

Steve Coallier, whom I talked to via email many moons ago, did the PC-to-PS transfer (which was later used for the WC4 port). He said that WC3 would not run due to it's unique video compression.

He was wrong. WC3 and 4 for PS works fine on the PS2.

Back