functional nav map question

poopnoodle

Rear Admiral
hi there, i was wondering about something and i cant explain why i haven't asked this before but is it possible to redirect your ship during the mission, like in the mission when you can join the pirates (if you can). how do you change the next nav point (as in retreat); i've wondered this since i first played prophecy.

thanks in advance,
-brad

This really should have been explained in Prophecy...

One the NAV Map, RIGHT CLICK the NAV you want to go to. Though it's pretty useless at times.

As for the pirate thing, don't bother. It just ends the game.

Yeah right-clicking on the nav point in the nav map changes your nav route. This actually can effect things (especially in Ep1...just look at the mission tree).

To quote Quarto....

Quarto said:
The game doesn't just end - the player is presented with a scene showing the consequences of his choice. It's not really an alternate path, but to say that the game just ends doesn't do it justice either.

I think I've asked this before but...

How do I right click the nav when there's 30 ships and their mother on top of it?

Kaunisto: if you wait for a bit without doing anything when you're looking at the nav map the viewing angle will start to change. It should eventually spin into an angle where the ships aren't on top of the nav point and then you just move your mouse or joystick again to freeze that angle.

I've also got a question concerning the nav map. Why isn't the nav map enabled in the sim missions? It would be really useful in the blockade run map to see who's targeting who. I'm guessing it's just a feature of the original game engine, but is there no way to get around it?

I've also got a question concerning the nav map. Why isn't the nav map enabled in the sim missions? It would be really useful in the blockade run map to see who's targeting who. I'm guessing it's just a feature of the original game engine, but is there no way to get around it?

This is one of my BIGGEST complaints about Standoff! I want to use the same tools I have on the missions to solve the sim missions!

How do I right click the nav when there's 30 ships and their mother on top of it?

I don't know why exactly you'd want to do that: if ships are showing over a nav point, isn't that because you're already at that NAV point ? :p

if you wait for a bit without doing anything when you're looking at the nav map the viewing angle will start to change. It should eventually spin into an angle where the ships aren't on top of the nav point and then you just move your mouse or joystick again to freeze that angle.
Instead of waiting, you'd better use the numeric keypad of your keyboard to move the camera manually ;) (4, 8, 6, 2)

This is one of my BIGGEST complaints about Standoff! I want to use the same tools I have on the missions to solve the sim missions!
Correct, it's a WCP feature. I guess this could have been hacked, but frankly I like it that way... and it never occured to me people would actually want it hacked in so badly :p

Instead of waiting, you'd better use the numeric keypad of your keyboard to move the camera manually ;) (4, 8, 6, 2)

You learn something new every day. :D

Correct, it's a WCP feature. I guess this could have been hacked, but frankly I like it that way... and it never occured to me people would actually want it hacked in so badly :p

Well it would make the blockade run map a lot less frustrating (I want to be able to complete the mission on the hardest difficulty and beat datcha's score :p ). Would be nice if you'd at least consider hacking it at some point. I don't see why it shouldn't be available in the sims.

Back