superivy

Spaceman
Hello....

here's my problem on wc1

I'm playing it from cd and on a winxp system

After installing it i type WC and it writes :

Loading INSTALL.DAT
Loading WING COMMANDER Please wait....
No Expanded Memory Detected (i've modified the dosbox file)

...........and then FREEZES!!!! I'm waiting since 15 minutes but don't start at all.

What can i do for it?

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Do you have the most recent version of DosBox?

Or like you said you're trying to play it from the CD ROM? The game installs directly onto your hard drive then you don't need the CD to play it.

Dosbox 0.72

I got the Image of all the WC saga (special op and so on), I extracted al the file of the image and i'm trying to run them with Dosbox 0.72....I followed all the steps but it freezes like i wrote before.

Oh, and another problem came up with Wc2 : it plays,everything going well,I hear the speech too but in the second mission,after saving the Concordia,the cutscene doesn't starts and FREEZES also here!!!....and in the window appears : "Runtime overlay error"

I can't play any of them :( please help.

Thanks

more clues on the WC2 problem : I tried it without music and works! Maybe it's a conflict with the sound driver? But how can i solve this problem?....without music is orrible!!!!

Thanks

The Kilrathi Saga is the windows rerelease of the first three wing commanders and will not function in DOSbox. As with many windows remakes, they do not work well on modern systems and DOSbox can run the original DOS versions better than windows can run the windows ones.

Your WC2 problem sounds like you need to use the loadfix command.

Check out the CIC tech support section for more information.

Is this DOS Wing Commander 1 or Kilrathi Saga WC1? Did you follow the tech support walkthrough? If you do, expanded memory should never be disabled.

Back