FreeSpace Joins the Arcade (April 1, 2007)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Volition Inc., in concert with developer 3000 AD, announced today the impending release of Descent: Freespace: Coliseum for the Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA). The new game collects familiar Freespace ships and lore on an innovative new one-dimensional 'back and forth' playing field. Executive Producer Shaun Nickel says that the game is sure to appeal to both the existing fans, and as many as another two.
"We've got Terrans, we've got Vasudans, we've got mining robots -- what's not to love?" He added: "Plus, it has really, really big ships!"
# With up to 17 players, Freespace Coliseum offers the largest multi-player melee experience to date on Xbox Live Arcade.

# 5 types of gameplay: single player, extra single player, multi-team, multi-player free for all and both one on one and multi-player duel

# 9 maps, including team maps, free for all maps and dueling maps

# 19 ships in ten environments
The first screenshot is already available!:

--
Original update published on April 1, 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at the thread on the main page and was like what the ****. Then I looked at the date and every thing became so clear.

NICE

I actually thought this was pretty funny, too. And although April Fool's Day is over, I just wanted to share this to polish off the joke.

Freespace Coliseum

There it is, folks, a demo version of Freespace Coliseum.

Yeah, this update is a lot friendlier than previous ones -- and it's certainly geared towards making fun of *us* more than anything else. I definately discovered this year that it's hard to stay angry or write mean jokes when the actual Wing Commander news is good.

~~~ it was an ok joke.. freespace on april fools is getting a bit old though I mean who remembers freespace xcept for saga.

Anyways I just read up on the ARENA stuff.. This is fricking awesome news.. so happy to have an xbox 360 now :D

Back