Freelancer...

junior

Spaceman
Apparently Microsoft made mention of a number of upcoming games at an International Games event in Las Vegas. Freelancer was one of the games that got brought up, and the Adrenaline Vault had this little piece on it:

Freelancer

Slated for fall release, Freelancer, an epic adventure set in outer space, plunges players into a 3D universe filled with political intrigue, space combat, and an unknown alien menace. With its random missions, Freelancer allows players to choose the life of a bounty hunter, trader, pirate, or explorer earning the spoils and enemies that come with each experience. The open-ended gameplay gives users a choice between following a linear storyline or determining how their story will unfold. The multiplayer component lets friends fly missions or explore together on their own persistent world servers.

Obviously, most of its hype. The only things of interest that I noticed were the release date (Fall) and the private persistent world servers, which sounds intriguing. Unfortunately, without knowing more, I really can't put it in the 'exciting' category. There's no indication that anything resembling a 'GM tool' will exist for Freelancer, and I would imagine that without that, the server would get stale after a while.

:eek: Utterly fearsome texture-work! My current machine would SOOO melt to pieces and die of heartfailure while trying to run that game... Unless, of course, the engine is as polygon-/resourcefriendly as Particle Systems' Flux. Flux is niiiice...

I doubt that. Eversuck and DAoC were probably more anticipated than freelancer. Even RtCW probably beat out freelancer on anticipation. Sure, we have been anticipating and talking about it, but has the rest of the world?

Excuse me, but what does DAoC and RtCW stand for?

Oh yeah, as far as I'm concerned the most eagerly awaited computer game, since WCP came out, is [drum roll] the next WC game :D

Originally posted by Penguin
Excuse me, but what does DAoC and RtCW stand for?

Oh yeah, as far as I'm concerned the most eagerly awaited computer game, since WCP came out, is [drum roll] the next WC game :D

Since he refers to Everquest, DAoC would undoubtedly be Dark Age of Camelot. RtCW is probably Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Hope there is proper joystick support as an option, not thrilled about this autopilot fighting and flying-by-mouse thing.

Originally posted by Penguin

I guess you've been out of the loop. Now were waiting for the WC game after Secret Ops ;)

Originally posted by Bob McDob
FREELANCER SUCKS!!!!

There, I think that's over with :p

Your posts, show to all of us why you are the buffon/shmock/stupid of the CZ, this is no SpaceBattles where your stupidity and non-sense verborragic are fun or welcome, make a favor to the humanity and finish your lame existence in this world.

Originally posted by Ghost
Your posts, show to all of us why you are the buffon/shmock/stupid of the CZ, this is no SpaceBattles where your stupidity and non-sense verborragic are fun or welcome, make a favor to the humanity and finish your lame existence in this world.

Well said, Ghost.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
FREELANCER SUCKS!!!!

There, I think that's over with :p

Well, if there was any doubt left in anyone's mind that you are stupid, you just got rid of it for them.

Wow, guys hold on! What's going on, since when have you become so bitter, unfriendly and arrogant like some other people here? Did I miss sth that would justify it to be so rude to Bob?
OK, maybe his posts aren't the smartest and most serious one but I am pretty sure all of you - and surely I- have had our own plenty share of posts that were qualified as stupid. And don't tell me, you have "seen the light" and that you regret all your previous behaviour because that was what made the CZ the most fun, at least for me. :(

Originally posted by Ghost
I´m waiting for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Certainly it will kick ass.

Oh yeah, it looks very nice, like Freelancer, which will be released soon (well, I hope... )

John

Back