FreeLancer News!

Wulf

Vice Admiral
At last...we have a time window for when we can expect the long-awaited game to hit stores here !:D ;)

I bought a new PC, 99% because I wanted to play freelancer! :D It had better be worth it.

Tho I'm enjoying Warcraft 3, Mafia and soon Command & Conquer Generals, maybe Sim City 4 too.

http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=2102003-7923

According to this story, release date is March 4.
Actually, both sites also seem to have a two day discrepency over C&C Generals. Its possible that one is the day the manufacturer starts shipping the games in question, and the other is the actual street date. In both cases, the earlier date is a Tuesday, while the later date is a Thursday, which probably indicates some sort of industry-wide standard sales dates.

Actually, I saw the C&C Generals warez version sold in a mall right here in Jakarta...

swell, nearly 99% software sold are warez!!!

looki, looki WingCenter News ;).

Microsoft said March 4th.

But the other dates (Australia, Germany, France) aren't very sure :/.

Originally posted by Wulf
At last...we have a time window for when we can expect the long-awaited game to hit stores here !:D ;)

Okay.........I've known that for several months. In intervies for months the lead developer has siad that it is certain to be out in March.

Re: Re: FreeLancer News!

Originally posted by T8H3X11
Okay.........I've known that for several months. In intervies for months the lead developer has siad that it is certain to be out in March.

Unfortunately, given the "release history" of this particular game, dates didn't really mean a whole lot until the game actually went gold. IIRC, only a year and a half ago, there was a handful of announcements by MS that Freelancer would be out in "six months", which would put it roughly one year prior to the actual release date.
It will be good to finally see it out, however. Hopefully it will be worth the wait.

I know. But ign was coming out with previews what seemed like every week and very space system very week for months and you could tell it would be out soon. Anyway...some of the gameplay footage will make a grown man blush.

Originally posted by Ghost
Well, acording the lancereactor, the game went Gold a few days ago.

That's also mentioned in the AVault story I linked with below.
Good to finally see a release date we can absolutely trust on this game.

Actually the requirements for Freelancer are not bad at all.

Minimum Configuration:

Windows® XP, Windows Me®, Windows 2000®, or Windows 98 SE® (Windows NT® and Windows 95® are not supported)
600 MHz processor
128 MB RAM
4x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
1.3 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games (additional space required for Windows swap-file and DirectX 8.2 installation)
16 MB video card with DirectX 8.2 compatible driver
DirectX 8.2 compatible sound card
Keyboard
Mouse
An Internet Connection for Multiplayer (56k v.90 or faster required)

Recommended Configuration:

1 GHz or faster processor
256 MB RAM
8x or faster CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
32 MB video card with DirectX 8.2 compatible driver
A Broadband Type Internet Connection or LAN Network for Multiplayer

This info came from Lancers Reactor. Quite a few of the guys there were involved in the beta and I think one guy was running it on a 450mhz pentium 2 or 3 with a TNT2 vid card, he said it ran quite well and looked good. They did say that on higher end systems with newer graphics cards it looks REALLY good.

Originally posted by Lynx
What about Austria? The stores there continously tend not to have the games I like available.

Where are you located? I don't run into that problem really. It might be that you are too late however. They tend not to restock that often. Also it is virtually impossible to get English originals...
(I am talking about the conditions for me - city of Salzburg)

Originally posted by TheFraix
Actually, I saw the C&C Generals warez version sold in a mall right here in Jakarta...
swell, nearly 99% software sold are warez!!!

Dude we are in the same region! I have only seen one shop in KL selling original CDs. Others are 98% copies!:D

High 5!

Preorder Freelancer and get a free shirt!
:eek:

As they often do, EB and Gamestop apparently struck a deal with Microsoft, and pre-ordering from them will get you a free long sleeve t-shirt.

The Adrenaline Vault has a short blurb about it here:

http://www.avault.com/news/displaynews.asp?story=2132003-14645

Unfortunately, neither the MS Games site nor the EB site mention anything about it, and there doesn't seem to be a link from AVault to the announcement about pre-ordering. That makes it a little difficult to confirm, but AVault is usually accurate when it comes to this sort of thing.

Back