freelancer demo is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTRL+V turns on cockpits by default.

Addendum: Most of the smaller ships got very little of a visual cockpit.

I just installed/started to play it last nite. I'm finding the control with mouse/kybd to be "insanely hard". I can steer, or I can shoot, but doing both is a pain. The fact that I have a touchpad and not a mouse may have something to do with it, but even with a mouse I'm sure it'd be tough. Moreoever, I noticed that you really can't "shoot" when the target slips into one of the areas on your screen where the HUD elements are--it just won't "track" the target there. This is a serious deficiency...

So I say, bring on the joystick patch...

What are you, our mother?...

When it deals with a topic I'm currently wrestling with, yes...

BTW:
Must You Capitalize nearly Every Word Of Your Post?... :rolleyes:

There are ways to take the HUD and minimize it, its pretty nice like that. I toyed around with the game a bit back when it came out but never got anywhere, and am glad I tried someone else's instead of sinking $50 into my own (Mechwarrior 4 taught me about that. :()

As far as the steer/shoot thing, fiddle with the settings... theres a mode that lets you steer and shoot, but you turn in the direction you are shooting so your always tracking the target.

Preacher said:
What are you, our mother?...

When it deals with a topic I'm currently wrestling with, yes...

No, but bumping dead/really old threads is really not a way to win friends around here. If it was important enough, make a new thread for fuck's sake.

Yeah, well, obviously it was important enuff to me to have "bumped" it, eh?

Yet here you're saying I should make up a new thread on a subject that's already been addressed in the past: Gee, how many times have you and others vented spleen over folks who do that?...

The very fact that anyone has taken the time to add something (other than a complaint) in response to my post tells

Do not reply to month-old threads.

This has been, is and always will ba our policy - no matter how much LeHah agrees with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back