freelancer demo is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an idea; once we all get Freelancer, shall we unite to form our own Damage Inc.?

Sounds good. Who else than a bunch of Wing nuts and Privateer freaks. WE WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE!!

Now, now, I happen to like him a lot, though I've never met the guy. He's really smart and very talented. I think we could at least give him the benefit of the doubt on the elbow/asshole issue.

Originally posted by BadNacho
What is the maximum amount of people that can be on an MP server?

64 IIRC (dedicated server).
In theory more would be possible, but the ammount of traffic is too high.

*chant*

4 more hours til I pick up my copy!
4 more hours...

:D

Best Buy doesn't get their shippment until tomorrow (Thursday). Besides I'm like 90 cents short, I'll be getting allowance on Friday so I'm gonna pick it up then (yeah yeah I get allowance, I'm 13).

128 is the theoretical limit.. and if you have a good T3 like we're planning to use, that should be no problem. :D

Yay!

I finished Freelancer!

too easy.

If WC4 in nightmare is 10 in the *hard scale*, FL is a pitiful 5

My one friend explained to me earlier this weak everything that was higher than T3 and their speeds. I forget though.

Originally posted by Ghost
If WC4 in nightmare is 10 in the *hard scale*, FL is a pitiful 5

I would rate it even easier than that. You really can't lose. It automatically saves before any situation where you might die.. anything that you're trying to defend is indestructable.. And interface things like tractoring in pods and such is much much easier. You also have the (Privateer style-game inherent) ability to go out and super size your ship between story missions. In Privateer, it really seemed like you had to work to seek out a good ship and the story. You got hints about where you had to go, and that's it. In FL, it practically pushes you in the direction of the story. Almost too quickly.

Yeah, i remember when i did the *Save the transports* and *Save the Willard Station* missions, thought that those dozens of Valkyries would destroy the transports and the base after 30 mins. of firefight....not even a scratch.
And the last mission...ppfft...it is cools, it looks pretty awesome but is fucking easy.
I had harder engagements against the Outcast in New York->Texas JG or in Texas system.

Joystick

I dont care how hard it is to fly with a joystick, I want it....and I havenot found anyway to get into the cockpits...is there a such thing in this game? And HAS anyone got a joystick patch out?

Still, this game is awesome, reminds me exactly of privateer! I never had the lux. of getting priv2 tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back