Freelancer cockpit?

You can hit Ctrl+V to get a view from the cockpit, but you lose all the hud info, and the cockpit itself is rather plain.

I remember the first time I played WCIV which I played before WC III, i was surprised that there was no cockpit....I was somewhat dissapointed being a hardcore WC 1&2 fan as well as being a very successful privateer... but oh well all in the name of progress right?

I've said it once, and I'll say it again: I really loved the cockpits from WCP. They were there, and that was good, but they didn't block your vision too badly. They might have added some guages and stuff like in MechWarrior3 (haven't played MW4. Are the cockpits better in it?). That would have really ruled, then.

MW3 had better cockpits than 4, or at least IMHO.

The really annoying part about the HUD in MW3 was when everything began spitting out garbage and there was no way to turn the various displays off.

SabreAce said:
You can hit Ctrl+V to get a view from the cockpit, but you lose all the hud info, and the cockpit itself is rather plain.

?!?!? loose all the hud info? I don't remember any difference in the hud at all.
Re "the cockpit itself is rather plain" depends on the ship. For some it is easily on par with WCP.

It's the official word from Eder. I asked him if there was a release date, and he said, "Yes, it will be released this year."

Go look in the Standoff forum if you don't believe me.

"This year" is a rather broad span of time. Are we talking closer to June/July, or closer to November/December?

Ijuin said:
"This year" is a rather broad span of time. Are we talking closer to June/July, or closer to November/December?

This is exactly what I was getting at. I mean, Santa Clause is coming this year, too... :p

Just for clarification, this year stretches from January 1st all the way to December 31st. :p

Eder said:
Just for clarification, this year stretches from January 1st all the way to December 31st. :p

Indeed it does, which is exactly why I was hoping for something a little more specific than "before January 1st 2005". :D Seriously, are we talking closer to six months or closer to twelve months?

Back