Free Interactive Drama Game

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Hey, got this from an email from the guy who made the Void War Space Sim. It's not space sim related, but it sounds kind of interesting. I haven't had time to try it, but I think it's something a bunch of you might want to check out. Sounds pretty neat. Let me know if you try it and it's cool.

Another WEIRD game out there that is worth mentioning is Facade, by Procedural Arts. It's billed as an "Interactive Drama." It's really a game you "play with" rather than play. You are a guest of a married couple, Trip and Grace, whom you introduced to each other in college ten years earlier. During the course of the evening, you discover that the two of them are having marital problems. Using mouse and arrow controls to move around and manipulate objects, and a text interface to talk to them in plain English, you can affect how the evening progresses. So far I've managed to get kicked out of the apartment twice, caused Grace to leave Trip once, caused Trip to leave Grace once, caused the two to begin reconciling their relationship once, and helped them maintain the uncomfortable "status quo" once.

Facade is absolutely free. It's not a highly polished indie effort, but it's an interesting experimental effort. Be warned - it's an 800 meg download, so it's a heavyweight. I should also warn you that the language gets a little rough - so play with headphones if there are kids around. You can download the full version here:

http://www.proceduralarts.com/

AD noticed the new version 1.1 came out yesterday. It compresses the audio way down, so the full game fits in 165 megs. It's only available via their bittorent thing right now though.

Back