Free Arena?

Jacob

Rear Admiral
As most of you already know, Microsoft is going to be offering a free game to Xbox Live subscribers because of the crappy service that occurred over Christmas break (and is still happening, apparently). No details have been given yet over what the free game will be (perhaps you get to choose what game you want), but this could be a great time for those without Wing Commander Arena to finally get it.

It's probably going to be something horrible though. It would be kick ass if it was Arena, but I can't really see MS giving it away. I figure it's going to be some "classic" type XBLA game like PacMan or something.

It's probably going to be something horrible though. It would be kick ass if it was Arena, but I can't really see MS giving it away. I figure it's going to be some "classic" type XBLA game like PacMan or something.

Microsoft did this several years ago when they were just starting up the online software purchasing an had some bugs, so they sent out a free version of Windows ME to everyone who had purchased something between certain dates. ME had just been released so it was not some back shelf software they sent. (Not that me was great , just new)

I'm pretty surprised that the issues haven't resolved themselves yet. I really thought it was just the holidays, but everyone is back at work and school now and the problems seem as bad as ever (for me personally, it's mostly that the website is constantly broken, and that also has an effect on the Crius links to xbox.com. I haven't really had issues with the 360 and Live, though it sounds like many people still do).

I've been mostly experiencing issues with Halo 3 matchmaking. It will be fine for a bit then it will take forever to find games and players. Although there are still times when my dashboard acts stupid, but it has been improving.

When I turn on my Xbox, the little "connecting" icon sits and spins by its self for quite a while. I usually have to sign off, start my game and then everything seems to connect properly.

I've been having similar issues when i sign into the account that has live. The connecting icon will spin on the marketplace, xbox live, and the games tabs. However if i hit the X button in the center of the controller to bring up the blade on the right side, it will usually say i am "online" and i will be able to see who else is online and send messages. I can still play my disc games if i put the disk into the machine, they will still load and run. I don't play games like COD or Halo3 so I don't know if the connecting icon issue would have an effect on connecting to matches in those games. My problem is that if I wanted to play an arcade game, I have to wait a long time for the connecting icon to finish so that the games menus load and I can get to my arcade games.

For some reason now mine doesn't sign in as me automatically. I have to tell it every time I start a game to use my gamertag. It's been doing it since I plugged in the GH3 wired guitar and I can't figure out how to get it back to the way it was.

Mine forgets that it's supposed to sign me in automatically every few months and I have to fiddle with the settings for a minute -- doesn't seem to have anything to do with the current problems.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say it was a result of XBL being a douche lately. It started with the guitar. What settings did you mess around with? I'm assuming I have to do something in Dashboard to get it back to normal.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to say it was a result of XBL being a douche lately. It started with the guitar. What settings did you mess around with? I'm assuming I have to do something in Dashboard to get it back to normal.

I think I just turned off whatever the auto-login setting is, saved that and then turned it back on.

Back