Forming of the terran confederation

vindicator

Rear Admiral
I have a question I have been looking for a detailied history of what creates the confederation was it war or political process and also how are elctions handled?

-Rance-

I think it was after a great pandemic had ravaged earth and the WEC was dissolved and the TC formed...

Dundradal said:
I think it was after a great pandemic had ravaged earth and the WEC was dissolved and the TC formed...

According to the Timeline and the Terran Confederation Handbook, it was formed during the Great Pandemic, and coordinated the drop of resources to the ravaged Earth along with establishing the Space Naval and Service Academies.

That reminds me. Is Crusader (old Origin game) set in the history of Wing Commander in perhaps some way? I mean there is a WEC in Crusader if I remember correctly? :cool:

No, Origin docs were just full of "in jokes". For instance, Wing Commander and Crusader both reference System Shock's "SHODAN" computer.

Also, the World Energy Council (WEC) isn't an in-joke, nor is it Origin fiction. It just happens to be one of the oldest global organizations still in existance today.

Really? I'm not very familiar with Crusader (not at all, actually). But I assume the WEC that crashed and caused the creation of the Confederation was the WEC the world has come to love.

BTW, what ever happened to the timeline that had more detailed information of pre-war events (such as the Earth family histories and formation of the Confederation)?

Back