For you modelers out there....

Dundradal

Frog Blast the Vent Core!
WCPedia has started to amass quite a few images that would probably be very useful to all of you in your artistic endeavors.

WCPedia's Image Category

We are uploading a ton of images all the time, but quite a few are not linked to any page yet.

I hope this category is of use to all of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of this stuff is in the mesh archive. Like the Privateer cockpits, ships and commodities, they could be rendered in a much higher resolution in exactly the same angle. I'll give it a try once i got my 3ds max working again.

WCPedia: Image is Everything (October 9, 2010)

In addition to vast amounts of information, the dedicated Wingnuts working on the WCPedia have also uploaded hundreds of cool images. New ones are being added constantly, and most haven't even been utilized in articles yet. Dundradal has invited fellow fans to both take advantage of what's available and upload additional pictures that would be helpful for the project. Visit the WCPedia image archive here!

WCPedia has started to amass quite a few images that would probably be very useful to all of you in your artistic endeavors. We are uploading a ton of images all the time, but quite a few are not linked to any page yet. I hope this category is of use to all of you.
Bonus Question! Do you know where all three images in this update originate from? Hit the Discuss link to answer.

--
Original update published on October 9, 2010

Image 1: Super Wing Commander - Briefing Scene
Image 2: Wing Commander IV - Tolwyn addressing the assembly at the finale
Image 3: Privateer - New Constantinople

The last image is quite a bit more detailed than anything that actually appeared in Privateer - it's from an image folder that was (I think) part of the stuff Captain Johnny had in his collection.

A collection that includes such gems as the Spinning Drakhri:

Drakhri.gif

It's also worth noting that the front page log doesn't list image uploads, so if it doesn't seem that there hasn't been any activity for a while it's quite possibly because all the attention has been focused on putting up pictures (although, in this case, it is genuinely because there hasn't been any activity)

I remember that there were such rendered spinning animations of all WC2 fighters - I had them on my HD I lost some years ago. I wonder if someone still has them all?

Thanks Bob!

I think I didn't look into "Ship Images" because the number beside the link showed "0".

Yeah, that's a real problem with the software right now - it doesn't show images. (It also doesn't show categories and pages - only one or the other. At least with those you can expand the tree, though).

Back