Flickering screen problem

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I've downloaded Flight Commander. I'm getting a flickering screen on the Mission briefing, as well as during play. The MS-DOS window reports:

GL error on line 53 in file C:\cs\174\finalproj\trianglestest\TransparentImage.cpp
invalid operation

(Or maybe the invalid operation comes first; I'm not sure. It happens repeatedly.)

I'm running Windows 98SE with an NVidia TNT2 video card. I've experimented with all the settings and nothing seems to work. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Wow, that's a pretty old system, maybe it doesn't support alpha channels. Maybe try lowering your screen resolution, or the number of colors used in your windows display settings. It may be a driver bug.

I have a likely problem. I have installed Flight Commander 1.3 - then i started and i choosed a mission/campaign --> then fly mission.

Is it normal that the graphic is so bad and the game is bucking all the time?
On the Screenshots at the Flight Commander-Homepage the screenshots looks soo nice.

Please Help.

p.s i've got p4 2,53 ghz , ati radeon 9700 128mb , i don't think it depends on my pc hardware.

valiant87 said:
I have a likely problem. I have installed Flight Commander 1.3 - then i started and i choosed a mission/campaign --> then fly mission.

Is it normal that the graphic is so bad and the game is bucking all the time?
On the Screenshots at the Flight Commander-Homepage the screenshots looks soo nice.

Please Help.

p.s i've got p4 2,53 ghz , ati radeon 9700 128mb , i don't think it depends on my pc hardware.

what os? Do you have the latest drivers? What do you mean by bad graphics and bucking? Post a screenshot of your "bad graphics" Try disabling options in the settings menu until performance is adequate.

eddieb said:
what os? Do you have the latest drivers? What do you mean by bad graphics and bucking? Post a screenshot of your "bad graphics" Try disabling options in the settings menu until performance is adequate.

Win XP is my OS. With "bucking" i mean that the Game doesn't goes fluently - It's looks like the Wing Commander 1.

And the Graphic is like SOFTWARE MODE.

Sorry for my bad english :/

Here is the Screenshot - http://www.geocities.com/csfreak30000/screenshot.jpg -

Look at the Stars.

The stars in your shot look pretty similar to many of the screenshots on the Flight Commander website. I don't think your image looks that bad really. It sounds like you might have some sort of conflict that could be causing stuttering if that's what you're getting, but otherwise it doesn't seem like there's much of a problem based on what you posted. Did you try turning down the options as eddieb suggested?

ChrisReid said:
The stars in your shot look pretty similar to many of the screenshots on the Flight Commander website. I don't think your image looks that bad really. It sounds like you might have some sort of conflict that could be causing stuttering if that's what you're getting, but otherwise it doesn't seem like there's much of a problem based on what you posted. Did you try turning down the options as eddieb suggested?

I tried to turning down the options but it doesn't help.

Yes, that's what it is supposed to look like. Again, I'd recommend turning off just about everything, and going with the minimum resolution, and then slowly increase options. Otherwise, don't know what I can do to help. Just for kicks, run the game from the command prompt and show me the text output.

Back