Fleet Command Nearing Completion

Fatcat

Swabbie
Banned
The Wing Commander Board Game, Fleet Command, is nearly finished. All materials are done, I am now in the process of editing the rules to make them legible. As soon as this is done, i'll host all the files needed to play the game for anyone to download.

Anyone who has the time and interest in trying Fleet Command are welcome to, and please report any innaccuracies, errors, typos, or ruesl that are just plain dumb. The first edition will only be half of the final rulebook. This will include basic rules for playing the game and flying small skirmishes, just to see if the basic concept works. Later, there will be extended rules for skirmishes, and rules for making campaigns, but until then it is left to your imagination. This game will be very much like Battletech, for all you fans of it.

Until then, if anyone has a higher res Claw Marks picture of the Star Post, I could use it, as the one I have is blurry when stretched to fit on the sheet.

We do happen to have a high res Joan's style Star Post.
https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/6348
Don't just click on the picture. Download the PDF zip, and you'll have a Star Post drawn in vector graphics that can be enlarged to virtually any size without blurring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Point of order, though, there's no Star Post in Claw Marks -- it's from a Computer Gaming World supplement.

I'm happy to look at any fan project for continuity related issues, if you so desire.

I'm happy to look at any fan project for continuity related issues, if you so desire.

That would be great. I'm sure the first relese will have problems, so I need as many testers as I can get. One thing to watch for though: For armor levels, I used Claw Marks, so ships like the Jalthi may be overpowered and ships like the Hornet underpowered.

One note: There will be a Confed/Kilrathi Balance, so the game will not be 100% like Wc1. The default Kilrathi Pilots are worse than default Confed pilots, while the Kilrahi have more, better ships.

Back