Fission or Leech Laser?

i don't know exactly what the fission gun does.

as for the leech gun, although a cool idea, it really isn't useful in the current game. it disables ships without destroying them, but there really is no point to that, since you can't really do anything with the disabled ships.

I'd like to see the mace missile myself
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fission is like the charging mass only charges much faster and can do more damage. It seems easier to hit a target with them than those masses to me.

Leech lasers are very useful in WC4.

Incidentally, by special gun, I was implying for use in WC4.

I know you weren`t asking, but I simply adore
the Storm-Fire gun. Don`t you just love the sound it makes when it starts eating away the enemy`s armor?
smile.gif

I'd go for the fussion (though if I could I would have taken a storm-fire or a scatter gun
biggrin.gif
), mainly because of the fact that the leech gun has cost me a mission one time!
mad.gif
It was the one in which you need to capture the dragon transport. I disabled it, and desided to disable every other enemy ship in the mission just for fun. Imagine my surprise when the mission failed because 100% disabled fighters aren't considerd as destoryed ones and that mission was a one you had to destroyed every ship or lose!

------------------
Evilution!

Well the SF2 wasn't in WC4, but if you like the sound it makes, switch the Tachyon guns of the Vampire, crank up the refire rate a bit, then add about 2000 rounds total.
biggrin.gif

yesss... gotta love that.

As far as the original post, I truly prefer the Fission, mainly because the Leech cannons werent really my type of weapon. I prefer the quick, clean kill instead of diabling a guy and then take him down bit by bit... the no. 1 use of the leech is to get the Fission and the attached fighter.
biggrin2.gif

And of course, who wouldnt want the Mace missile, or rather it's big brother (of course)?

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

The Big Brotehr is in WCP. i forgot the name of it.
frown.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

"Which would you rather have for a special gun and why?"

I first wanted to reply to this Q with a smart alek retort like "Don't matter, I'll be reprogramming the game anyway", but I guess I choose the leech -- it's good to work with because it helps to develop one's ability to take down a target in a more resourceful way (excluding the fact that disabled fighters can't be salvaged).

Well, the Fission cannon _was_ cool, and so was the Leech gun.....

(Oh, why couldn't I be given the ability to choose 'Scatter Gun'?)

Fission Cannon... It fired really well, and the Leech gun was hard as hell to disable ships with, IMHO.

And anyways, I much prefer the Leech missile. 100% effective when it hits. Even stops Strakha (sp?) from cloaking.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

Definetly the Leech. While the Fission did a lot of damage, I never found it effective against faster and more nible fighters. On the other hand, the Leech lets you slow down a fighter like a 'cat, or Arrow, which is especially usefull when you're flying the Avenger of Vindicator.

The reason I like the leech laser is it adds a little fun to the game, not to mention disable objectives. To be able to knock down an opponent's defenses for the duration of a battle in a very short time span, even tough ships, allows you to engage a large group of ships, weaken the strongest foes, and used properly ought to be enable a pilot to survive multiple squadrons with high expectations of survival.

Take a ship's ability to repair and regenerate away, and you've virtually guaranteed victory.

Go the Leech! I hardly used the Fission cannon, and even then that was only in desperation against the Vesuvius if I stuffed up.

I found the Leech on the Avenger were much stronger than on the other BW fighters. With its rapid fire, it was very useful against capships. Good for shutting up those annoying turrets. And if you take a more 'realistic' approach, I'm sure Blair would prefer to disable a human pilot rather than kill him/her, no matter whose side they're on.

I think the fission worked well on the Dragon because of the cloak. With any other fighter the gun would be too hard to aim with, but you can cloak and get in close with the Dragon. Once you're near enough to him, it's not that much of a problem to hit your target.

I could never hit anything with the leech cannon unless I tailed a fighter from really close in, and that really wastes my afterburner.

[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited September 04, 2000).]

Back