Feline (Kilrathi?) mention in Privateer 2

And the Bible says everything was created in 7 days. Yeah you just see the whole of the scientific community bowing to that one...

Depends on how much you believe in the Bible. Here, we believe in our sources of canon. Still, while science has good reasons to question cosmic creation over a matter of days, we don’t seem to have any basis for questioning the game’s reference to 2,000 years (apart from “what ifs”).

Cradle of Humanity could merely mean thats the origin of everyone in Tri-Star systems. They could very well have been a lost colonization ship which could have lost track of their dates.

So “humanity” is defined exclusively in terms of the history of the “Tri-System”? That doesn’t follow unless there’s quite a bit more of a story coming on.:)

Originally posted by Nemesis

Depends on how much you believe in the Bible. Here, we believe in our sources of canon.

My point is, even "canon" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Getting so tight over "canon" information can lead to great confusion between the books, game, and movie. Not to mention my general disrespect of Privateer 2 in it's lackluster attempt to be a WC game. :D

My point is, even "canon" needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

As long as it’s taken.:)

Getting so tight over "canon" information can lead to great confusion between the books, game, and movie.

And that is bad, how? It’s certainly bad in terms of storytelling, but canon is not about telling a good (well-plotted or wonderfully dramatic) story, it’s about trying to get a handle on a lifelike construct called the WC universe, an often contentious (but hopefully fun) exercise.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi

My point is, even "canon" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Getting so tight over "canon" information can lead to great confusion between the books, game, and movie. Not to mention my general disrespect of Privateer 2 in it's lackluster attempt to be a WC game. :D

Can you provide examples about what, specifically, you're talking about as far as taking it with a grain of salt?

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
Not to mention my general disrespect of Privateer 2 in it's lackluster attempt to be a WC game.

From what I understand, Privateer 2 wasn't created with the intention of being a Wing Commander game. That label was just added to give it further attention.

This does not, however, mean that it's any less canon than any other game. The fact that it carries the name is all that's necessary for it to be canon.

Tee hee....hate to resurrect a dead thread, but this just all of a sudden popped in my head!

I have a great explanation for Humans being on Anhur 2000 years ago! I can't beleive it didn't dawn on me before! It's quite obvious that a Goa'uld brought a group of ancient humans from Earth to Anhur to be his slaves! Yeah, then the Goa'uld abandoned the planet and it's human population was able to develop into a spacefaring culture!!

Ok...so it was totally unneccessary and not that intresting...*runs away and hides*

On the contrary, the “snatching” of protohumans (and who knows what else) from Earth to Anhur is a possible explanation for the Tri-System. Certainly it would be attractive to those who feel there must be some “connection” between us and them.

I have little respect for Privateer 2, I had no idea it was not part of WC when I bought it off ebay. I was VERY dissapointed! I loved the Original Privateer!

Back