FC Editing difficulties? Check here.

Iceblade

Admiral
I would like to mention that there is a tutorials section at the RG forums, which could fix problems that arise while editing certain aspects of FC.

Just another resource for Flight Commander editors:

Modding Tutorials

If you can't find the answer, post at this board.

FC Mission Editor

I'm working on FC on a different computer than the one that has an internet connection... So how do I run the mission editor on it? When I go to download, a java splash screen just comes up.

hakatsuru said:
I'm working on FC on a different computer than the one that has an internet connection... So how do I run the mission editor on it? When I go to download, a java splash screen just comes up.
Follow the instructions under

To customize the mission editor:

Let me know if this works for you.

Yeah, I did that. I extracted the file onto my desktop, and ran java missioneditorframe and all my lappy did was open up a cmd.exe window for like a fraction of a second and then it went away. I tried doing it through cmd.exe and it said it had an error. As soon as I get home I'll copy the contents of the error message here.

hakatsuru said:
Yeah, I did that. I extracted the file onto my desktop, and ran java missioneditorframe and all my lappy did was open up a cmd.exe window for like a fraction of a second and then it went away. I tried doing it through cmd.exe and it said it had an error. As soon as I get home I'll copy the contents of the error message here.

You can't just extract the file onto your desktop. You have to from the command line, go to the directory where you extracted the file to.

eddieb said:
You can't just extract the file onto your desktop. You have to from the command line, go to the directory where you extracted the file to.

The command line is the result of the user pressing the windows key and "R"?

run either command or cmd from the run menu. If you don't know how to use the command line, google around and learn.

eddieb said:
run either command or cmd from the run menu. If you don't know how to use the command line, google around and learn.

yeah, I know how to use cmd.exe now... but I still can't get it to run.

Give me detailed instructions ie, give me a place to stick it, and the command to run in the command line... only then will my fat head be able to comprehend what to do :)

Back