FC campaign - new academy grads

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
Hey i have a problem, im making an FC campiagn where you are a normal pilot, who just graduated the acadamy, and went to the midway. Im making my own mission, but it says when i try to load the breifing, "abnormal termination" any idea what causes it?

thats the thing, i deleted my briefing, it still failed, the mission is an intercept mission, there are somewhere around 29 ships counting you friendly and hostile ships, im thinking its to many ships for the game to handle, or i might have to find a way to debug it

by the way, everyone that hates having an AI die while on a mission and still being marked alive on the killboard? type in on the kill board this:

<kill callsign="Winnyfred" kills="5 " alive=""/>

:and you have a pilot that if they die on a mission, they are marked dead on the kill board

about my email, its screwed up and it only recieves email, and doesnt send it, i can post you the code though.

here it is in notepad, im new at programming so dont make fun of me if theres a bunch of bugs inside ok? here you go:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>prelaunch="scramble"
<mission name = "" sector="blue" can_eject="false" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="mission.xsd">
<navpoints number="1">
<navpoint numships="13" numwaves="1">
<ship name="midway" comm="" video="" autopilot="false" land="true" alignment="friend" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="-5.342237" y ="0.0" z ="-16.527546" />
</location>
<rotation>
<point x="0.0" y ="0.0" z ="0.0" />
</rotation>
</ship>
<ship name="wasp" pilot="player" comm="" video="" autopilot="true" alignment="friend" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="-4.6744576" y ="0.0" z ="-26.043406" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<ship name="wasp" comm="" video="" autopilot="false" alignment="friend" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="18.03005" y ="0.0" z ="22.537561" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<ship name="wasp" comm="" video="" autopilot="false" alignment="friend" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="29.883139" y ="0.0" z ="24.040066" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<ship name="moray" comm="" video="" autopilot="false" alignment="enemy" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="33.72287" y ="0.0" z ="37.228714" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<ship name="moray" comm="" video="" autopilot="false" alignment="enemy" wave="0">
<location>
<point x="26.21035" y ="0.0" z ="39.732887" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="15.358932" y ="0.0" z ="37.562603" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="23.873121" y ="0.0" z ="43.405674" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="30.217028" y ="0.0" z ="43.739567" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="12.020033" y ="0.0" z ="29.549248" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="20.033388" y ="0.0" z ="46.24374" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="20.534224" y ="0.0" z ="40.73456" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
<location>
<point x="18.03005" y ="0.0" z ="43.739567" />
</location>
<rotation>
</rotation>
</ship>
</navpoint>
</navpoints>
</mission>

You've got a space in at the end of the second line

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="mission.x sd">

should be mission.xsd

Well, that wasn't the problem (not sure if that prelaunch thing is a also a problem).

A major thing, though, that will cause it to mess up is the fact every craft is nearly occuping the same space. You have to zoom out at least 4 or 5 times to place ships.

ok thx, if you all want some help with ideas for missions for RG id be glad to help, i have a huge imagination.

Thank you, but I already have all the mission ideas laid out. We are in need of ideas for simulator missions staged between the Border Worlds and the Kilrathi or with Confed.

Wait, I just came up with an awesome idea for a sim mission, but ya'll will have to wait until Christmas.

hmmmmmmmm how about a defend your carrier mission like from WCP? the defend the Midway from the kilrathi one, make one like that for all of them.

Winnyfred said:
by the way, everyone that hates having an AI die while on a mission and still being marked alive on the killboard? type in on the kill board this:

<kill callsign="Winnyfred" kills="5 " alive=""/>

:and you have a pilot that if they die on a mission, they are marked dead on the kill board

Right, the kill board is kind of dumb right now, it doesn't take that into account.

Back