Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Privateer/Righteous Fire

• Privateer 2

• Arena

• Total voters
True... though you gotta balance this with the recycling of ship graphics between WC2, SWC, Armada and Privateer (I don't mention Academy, because I'm not referring to the recycling of ships, only recycled graphics posing as something else entirely). There was definitely a fair amount of corner-cutting around that particular (1992-1994) period.

If you take SWC out of the equation, there's almost no such recycling. That's kind of a special case.

And Ship graphics are a whole hell of a lot harder to re-do than sounds are. A decent sound effect may only take a day to put together...but a ship, man, that could be a week.

I am surprised how different the site poll results are to this thread one's. Have so few played Armada or do they really favour WC3's lock tone?

I think it's interesting, though not surprising. The percentage of people who've played Armada is going to be quite a bit higher here than at the front page. That's enough to skew the results quite a bit alone, but here you might also have some people who read the thread and think about it more before voting too.

And Ship graphics are a whole hell of a lot harder to re-do than sounds are. A decent sound effect may only take a day to put together...but a ship, man, that could be a week.

This coming from the guy who cranks out high quality models in hours if not minutes it seems :D

Back