Favorite Wingmen?

DangerousCook

Rear Admiral
For the moment mine are Trigger and Longshot, not only for kick ass dogfighting but also for their priceless dialogue : )

Or when he's heavily damaged: "I am in a world... of SHIT"

I don't know, the wingmen in Standoff seem pretty bland to me

That's very funny. I always thought the Standoff team done a great job on bringing these characters to life with some good cutscenes and some funny quirky lines during spaceflight (i.e. "Great shot!...deadeye")...even though they are not from any of the novels.

But if I had to choose one it has to be Trigger.

Now he's bland.

I think I kinda like the bomber wing... you know... Popsicle and Saxman... what are your feelings on this Pete? :p

In all serious, one of the great things about Standoff I think is that the characters are well developed and, as opposed to UE, there are really a lot of chances for some drama and emotion rather than just action. It's nice to see the characters come to life a bit, and it provides a lot of fun for me to write the music to go along with them. It's nice to be able to flex my dramatic and emotional musical muscle as a change from the standard fanfares, marches, and battle music, not to mention use some subtle musical cues in song choice for certain scenes based on character. I think Trigger has been the most fun for me to provide music under, however the drunken Cougar scene was a lot of fun too.

Needaham45 said:
I think I kinda like the bomber wing... you know... Popsicle and Saxman... what are your feelings on this Pete? :p
Yeah, bomber pilots rules... I mean, they have so much more personality ! :p

Lt.Death100 said:
He's the closest to Iceman, my favorite character from WC1.
i saw someone in a pub who looked like iceman, very cool and very very good at pool.

I like spoons because hes always whining about having to fly with Sparrow or squealer

Spoons was okay; I thought he was just too stuck up. Trigger was great; generic, but indeed his dialogue is classic.

Back