favorite TV Trek

My favourite would have to be DS9 because it gave Star Trek an edge because it took you away from life on a starship and gave you a darker feel to the galaxy.

The Next Generation

The Original Series was also great, but TNG was more thoughtful. Everything after that was pretty poor and constantly got worse as time went on. Manny Coto showed that it is still possible to make Star Trek interesting, but it may be awhile before we see a show again.

Loved most of TOS, DS9, and TNG.

What the hell was that Voyager crap anyway? It made Enterprise look great by comparison.

Yeah I agree with you. If I absolutely had to rank them it would be DS9 just nudging out the original series by a hair. Enterprise might barely nudge out TNG although I like them both. Voyager was complete and utter garbage in my opinion and deserves a rank of slightly worse than many of NBC's failed sitcoms.

The thing I liked the most about DS9 was the 2 season Dominion War arc. I have watched Star Trek for aslong as i can remeber and i never thought they would have done that.

Classic slightly before DS9. However for me the Dominion rather ruined the show then helped it.

I liked TND the best. I rather enjoyed DS9 but fount that the last two seasons were to broad to make exciting TV. It was interesting, but there were episodes in which next to nothing really happened. They were trying to focus on too many fronts and it was all kinda boring to me.

I guess I prefered the style where, while there amy be an overreaching story arc, each episode pretty much resolved itself. I might like DS9 better a second time through. But I like the adventure aspect of TNG as opposed to the last seasons of DS9 which kinda turned the show into a Drama. I really enjoyed the first season of voyager, but it only went downhill. It did pick up a bit eventually. I honestly havent seen alot of Enterprise though.

i always have liked the next generation, but it had some wierd episodes. but i think i mostly liked deep space nine.

The Next Generation was my first love. I knew all about TOS but it never quite got my attention.
But I like Voyager most of all! That's right. Give me a women captain any day. I think the series just got better and better as it whent along. I'm a sucker for the Borg- their ships in battle, their assimilation techniques... their female drones... :)

I grew up on classic. So this still ranks highest, surprisingly followed by Voyager - more or less it follows the same setup; meeting the unknown without backup (although the many holodeck episodes are rather annoying, an the repeated "almost-got-a-new-warp-core" wasn't that original either).

Enjoyed TNG for a time, but it got too artsy for me, with all that hairspray on Troy and the makeup on Data, and the general political correctness-attitude. DS9 was space soap for me all the way - and knowing a guy that just WAS Dr. Bashir didn't help much either. I haven't seen a lot of Enterprise, but what I saw didn't fit in with the rest. Nice, but not Star Trek.

Seasons 3 & 4 of Enterprise were my favorite. They had almost 0 weak episodes (the last episode with Riker & Troi was a really bad one, I hate holodeck episodes)
If they had started the series with the quality of S3 & S4, I am convinced the show couldn't have been canceled.
Every Trek series had this problem : the first 1 or 2 season being the weakest of the entire serie & because Enterprise was different in a lot of ways from the other shows, it was more in danger of being cancelled.
Remember : TOS was cancelled after 3 seasons & didn't get the huge success until the reruns!

I can see where that kind of holds true, but I noticed in TNG that there was a season or two of really superb episodes and then they slipped badly into a string of horrible ones near the end. Barkley being conscious in the transporter stream while seeing flying worms, and the crew devolving into spiders and such come to mind.

Next generation was obviously the best, followed closely by voyager. You just can't beat Wesley's incredibly naiveity for some as old as him.

The worst trek is obviously Deep Space Nine. It was so boring they invented a new ship because the space station was som boring.

upyr1 said:
I'm thinking a show aabout a Vulcan sicne vessel would be right up your ally then...
Well, when I'm really really bored I could just watch it and ridicule it, much like with the eurovision song contest.

What would be really cool, was if the borg assimilated C3P0 and then they could say "resistance is futil" in a rather camp, quaint english accent :D .

Back