Favorite Space Fighters

::sniffle::

Nobody mentioned the Vic Viper or the Road British Destroyer!

(not like anyone would, but this thread made me think of them) ;)

1)Wolverine- Starlancer
wolverine.jpg

2)Excalibur- WC3
3)Arrow- WC4 (WC3 too, but the version in 4 was better since it could cloak)
4)Dragon- WC4
5)Bearcat- WC4
6)Bountyhunter's Ship- Star Wars Ep. 2
7)Gunstar- The Last Starfighter
jr_gun2.jpg

8)The Trimaxion Survey Ship <sp?>- "Flight of the Navigator" (but it may not have any weapons)
skrin206.jpg

9)F-302 fighter jet- Stargate SG-1
10)Hiigaran Interceptor- Homworld2

I had forgotten the Last Starfighter looked like that...pretty sweet design in retrospect. Also, I had never seen that shot from Starlancer...pretty cool. :)

Dahan said:
Did the arrow in wing commander 4 cloaked?
I did not remember that one?
It did on nightmare levels- I'm not sure about the other difficulty settings. I think it made the distinct cloaking sound so you could hear when they were cloaking. You could also see them disappear in front of you or from your radar. I think the mission where you protect the Kilrathi is where they first appear, but I might be wrong. They would destroy most of my wingmen and enough Kilrathi that I couldn't seem to complete all the mission objectives due to the combination of their superior speed and cloaking ability (kind of like the Raptor fighters of today)- TOUGH opponents.

Maj.Striker said:
I had forgotten the Last Starfighter looked like that...pretty sweet design in retrospect. Also, I had never seen that shot from Starlancer...pretty cool.
The Gunstar looks pretty sleek and menacing, but whoever made that model made it look even better IMO.

The Trimaxion ship looks like an acorn, but it hauls. I totally forgot that movie until this thread jogged my memory- it might be fun to watch it for nostalgia's sake but I'm sure it won't be as enjoyable as it was when I was a kid. I thought about not including it since I can't remember if it has offensive weapons as I haven't seen the movie since I was 8 yrs. old or so. I figured since it can time travel it could probably defeat any enemy fighter pilot by traveling back in time, abducting him, squashing him, or some other such offensive maneuver :) . The Trimaxion would probably be my #1 choice of which ship I'd like to own.

Lets see my favorite fighters, ships, etc...

1. RGM-79 via Gundam fame:
rgm-79.jpg

Of all sci-fi series these little babies were my favorite, why you ask?

Cause they made great cannon fodder!

2. Excalibur in WC

3. Y-Wing from Star Wars

4. Rapier II from WC2 & Standoff

5. More I don't remember...

It did on nightmare levels- I'm not sure about the other difficulty settings. I think it made the distinct cloaking sound so you could hear when they were cloaking. You could also see them disappear in front of you or from your radar. I think the mission where you protect the Kilrathi is where they first appear, but I might be wrong. They would destroy most of my wingmen and enough Kilrathi that I couldn't seem to complete all the mission objectives due to the combination of their superior speed and cloaking ability (kind of like the Raptor fighters of today)- TOUGH opponents.

I remember the Project's Arrows had the cloaking capability. I think they were even painted black as opposed to the standard scheme.

Dragon1 said:
I remember the Project's Arrows had the cloaking capability. I think they were even painted black as opposed to the standard scheme.
Black painted cloaking arrows would look awesome! What do you mean by "the Project's? You mean a certain fan project? I remember someone modeled an arrow and painted it black with red highlights and a skull and crossbones to represent a pirate's fighter.

Of course the "standard scheme" was slightly different from WC3-4. WC3 had white/grey arrows with blue paint for lines and effects. WC4 went back to the traditional games' colors of green paint for the lines and effects while the base color was still white/grey

Eh, I think they were actually purple (or regular-colored with purple markings).

Black painted cloaking arrows would look awesome! What do you mean by "the Project's? You mean a certain fan project? I remember someone modeled an arrow and painted it black with red highlights and a skull and crossbones to represent a pirate's fighter.

Dragon is referring to Tolwyn's conspiracy in WC4, which has no formal name other than 'The Project'. It's obsessive nitpicking after my own heart...

Back