Favorite mission?

Winnyfred

Rear Admiral
From your opinion, what is your favorite misison form Standoff? Mine is "Mastif Patrol". For one reason, you can eject on it (YAY) and it is a challenge to complete on nightmare.

Well, I think my favourite is the snakier attack... it just gets you into the fleet engagement, with many fighters in the area, and it's just so difficult to win! ;) :D :D :D :)

Speaking of which, I just played it again, but for fun I F12-ed my wingmen. Bradshaw says something about aborting the mission and heading home, but I continue to the Ralatha and the Snakeir and notice that the majority of the cats really don't want to fight.
Most of them just fly towards the cap ships and then turn away - repeating the process several times. Only one in a dozen decides to attack me and the rest fly slowly making them mince meat in my guns. We're talking about over 100 cats killed in this mission - I think more than Blair might have handled in a single sortie... I should get promoted already. Thrakath has a wanted sign out with my face on it and an entire system as the reward.

Even after I've attacked a Kilrathi pilot, he seems uninterested and if I let him live he'll just fly the same route, never trying to return fire. The ace pilot is the only one who really makes an effort to follow me.

Very strange stuff guys

Hehe, that's because you cheated, it exposed some of the tweeks we've been doing under the hood for the design of the mission :p

Well it sure was fun. You guys did one hell of a job and this game had the best Wing Commander feel that I've felt since IV.

I just can't get enough of it, especially with the WC3 music... that really brings back memories.

Thank you for such a pleasant experience.

Wait until the next episode... I'm biased, of course, but I do think each new episode of Standoff is better than the last ;).

Is it champing at the bit or chomping at the bit?

Either way, that's what I'm doing in anticipation of this next episode.

Chomping, definitely chomping. I just hope you don't have to chomp for more than a few months ;).

Back