Favorite Anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know a thread is doomed when somebody accuses LOAF of belittling him because they don't agree on something.

That is the level of the people who post, They doesn´t understand LOAF answers (hehe).
But i found the Macross: DYRL theme very interesting.

BTW someone noted that Mirya´s and Max´s Power Armor were painted with the same color than the Valkyries from Macross/Robotech ? (Red and Blue)

Originally posted by Ghost
That is the level of the people who post, They doesn´t understand LOAF answers (hehe).
But i found the Macross: DYRL theme very interesting.

BTW someone noted that Mirya´s and Max´s Power Armor were painted with the same color than the Valkyries from Macross/Robotech ? (Red and Blue)

Very true. I welcome LOAF's "belittling." It adds a nice air of humor that is sometimes needed in a thread.

Yeah, in DYRL the power armors were painted according to the Max = Blue, Miriya = Red. When I first saw DYRL, I thought it was wierd how they switched up the "who gets micronized/defects," thing. Alas, as junior stated, the whole Max/Miriya sitting in a tree thing wouldn't fit well into a 2HR movie.

However, their participation in the movie is so very subtle. Don't blink or you'll miss 'em :D

At least they showed off Max's fighting prowess. DYRL shines light on Max's darker side... never knew he was so brutal!

Cutsey animals? I have a CUTE TRAIN!

loafbanner3.png

Originally posted by Col.Dom

junior- No, I haven't had the privelage to see Flashback 2012. I must see it, though!

Also, I get all your points. How do you know that it's Khyron who bests Roy? I actually remember hearing that from another source too....

btw- Miriya was so freakin' BAD@$$ in that movie, huh!? Woo! Maked me hot!

The Khyron information came from a friend of mine who understood Japanese. Of course, the Gundam information he gave me turned out to be 100 percent inaccurate (seriously - I don't think he could have been any more inaccurate, especially considering some of the information concerned aliens - and not a single Gundam has had aliens to date), but I personally don't think he saw more than one episode of Gundam, while he had a lot of stuff for Macross. I think another guy I knew also mentioned the Khyron thing, although I could be mistaken. I got involved in anime about fifteen years ago, and DYRL was pretty popular at the time, at least with the various anime fans I knew (and that was two distinct groups of fans with no overlap). Unfortunately, all of the information (including the copies of the movie itself) where only available in raw Japanese. At any rate, if that is Khyron, its pretty much the biggest downgrading of villian status that I've seen to date.

That same inaccurate friend is the one who loaned me his raw copy of Flashback 2012.

Max and Miriya do have their power armor painted in the appropriate colors, but it only happens after the "incident".

*DYRL SPOILERS!!!! - Read at your own risk!*

IIRC (its been a loooong time...), Miriya and Max have their duel, although she's not initially singling him out this time. He manages to get the upper hand on her, and chases her into her ship, where she crashes upside down. He climbs out of his fighter, and walks up to her helmet, and the two of them look at each other as the ship folds out.
The Meltran (female) and Zentran (male) races are each actively hostile to each other in DYRL (as opposed to just segregated in the TV series), and when Dolza's fleet arrives, the Meltran scramble. Inside the hanger, you see Max and Miriya, each in female power armor painted their respective colors, standing with each other in the hanger prior to launch.

Originally posted by junior
seriously - I don't think he could have been any more inaccurate, especially considering some of the information concerned aliens - and not a single Gundam has had aliens to date

Maybe he's one of those bastards who likes to just make things up to tell people because they think it's funny... I like those people.

Yep. You were right on. Miriya's helmet falls off and her face and hair take up the whole screen with a tiny Max in front. He simply goes "Beautiful," and Miriya responds "Beau-ti-ful...?" Then the ship folds and we don't see the two until the very last battle.

I love bootleg translations too! Everything is "Unthinkable!" to the Zeltran! HAHAHA!!

Also, getting back to Khyron, it truly is a major degrading of villain status. He was uncanny! Khyron never really got the recognition he deserved, though. There's actually a web page devoted to him that complains how underappreciated he is as a villain :D

About EVA...

The L.A. Times has a review of the EVA series. They confirm the release date of the movies too so all of you guys who didn't like the end episodes, check there out ! The movies are a direct replacement for the last two episodes. Same story, but there we get to see everything instead of seeing through Shenji's mind.

The Khyron information came from a friend of mine who understood Japanese. Of course, the Gundam information he gave me turned out to be 100 percent inaccurate (seriously - I don't think he could have been any more inaccurate, especially considering some of the information concerned aliens - and not a single Gundam has had aliens to date), but I personally don't think he saw more than one episode of Gundam, while he had a lot of stuff for Macross. I think another guy I knew also mentioned the Khyron thing, although I could be mistaken. I got involved in anime about fifteen years ago, and DYRL was pretty popular at the time, at least with the various anime fans I knew (and that was two distinct groups of fans with no overlap). Unfortunately, all of the information (including the copies of the movie itself) where only available in raw Japanese. At any rate, if that is Khyron, its pretty much the biggest downgrading of villian status that I've seen to date.

That same inaccurate friend is the one who loaned me his raw copy of Flashback 2012.

Max and Miriya do have their power armor painted in the appropriate colors, but it only happens after the "incident".

IIRC (its been a loooong time...), Miriya and Max have their duel, although she's not initially singling him out this time. He manages to get the upper hand on her, and chases her into her ship, where she crashes upside down. He climbs out of his fighter, and walks up to her helmet, and the two of them look at each other as the ship folds out.
The Meltran (female) and Zentran (male) races are each actively hostile to each other in DYRL (as opposed to just segregated in the TV series), and when Dolza's fleet arrives, the Meltran scramble. Inside the hanger, you see Max and Miriya, each in female power armor painted their respective colors, standing with each other in the hanger prior to launch.

the info on Khyron is right. i have herd the same thing from a lot of fens over the years including an artical with the director or was it the creater.

PopsivlePete: From what I've heard the release date for the Eva movies has been changed so often that any release date should be taken with a pinch of salt. Also I'm fairly sure the Evangelion movies are not replacements for the last two episodes.

I don't speak for anyone else, but I thought the last two episodes were a fitting end to the series. Not the most exciting episodes in the series, granted, but still a fitting end.

I own the Japanese version of the movies, and it takes the story from episode 21 through 24... you even see "Episode 21" and so forth during the movie.

But I do agree with you that the original finale was fitting. I feel that although the movie was a direct replacement for episodes 21-24, they complement each other and I've enjoyed both. The story is the same in both the series's finale and the movie, but just from a different perspective.

GREAT NEWS!!

w00t w00t!!

Ultra-good news, guys!

The Transformers Complete Season One Box Set hits the market April 23rd! I just preordered my copy! B00Y@H!!

I don't know when the next box sets are being released (the site I bought from doesn't provide a distro list service where you have them alert you via email when something you want is released).

Get to your favorite online DVD store and buy now :D !!

They haven't announced a second season yet.

I think the next volume of Nadia comes out on the 23rd, too. Yay!

Wow. This is a great time to be a vintage/recent anime fan! All these DVDs catering to our generation! Radical!

I just wish it could be this great to be a Wing Commander fan too :(

Well, there is the new TV series (hopefully a game... please??) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Wing Commander Academy on DVD.

Puuuhlease God/Sivar, whichever divine power is listening, let them release Transformers (movie and all the eps) on PAL region 4. And Voltron too!

Sigh, its been a couple of good days for me. At an expo I managed to get my hands on both Macross Plus soundtracks, some anime DVDs, watch 2 Dragonball movies and witness 100+ people try to prove who can do the best Kamehameha. Today I stumbled across copies of the WCP and WC1/2 strategy guides, which I swear I will get tomorrow. And in the next few days I'll get a chance to watch X and Akira on a big screen. Maybe even Vampire Hunter D.

BTW does anyone recommend the Robotech soundtrack?

:) :D :cool:

Originally posted by Penguin
BTW does anyone recommend the Robotech soundtrack?

:) :D :cool:

SHO NUFF, D00D!!

I own the Robotech Perfect Soundtrack Album. It's two CDs- one with the BGM from the show (the better of the two); the other has all the vocalized tracks (AGH! Ten minutes and 25 seconds of MinMei, NO) plus the cheesily synthesized tracks from the hapless Sentinels series/OVA.

I enjoy it. Some of the vocal tracks are okay... an aquired taste, really. Most of those [vocal] tracks weren't even in the show, though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back