Fatal Error

No blue screen just a pop up that says

(gl::loadDLL load failed 6, 128=The specified module could not be fund.)

But what doesn't mae sence is that I'm not in Glide mode:mad: so I don't enderstand why I keep getting this error.

Sorry to repeat myself, but have you made sure you've installed it in the exact same folder than Secret Ops ? The only thing I can think of that would cause this problem is that the "gl_0000x.dll" files that are shipped with UE aren't found in the path referenced in registry entry for SO.

When SO installs itself, it adds a line in the registry to access the dlls that are installed with it. If you install UE in another folder than SO, the new UE files cannot be found in the path referenced in the registry, causing this crash. If you did install UE in another folder, delete this new folder and re-install UE in the same folder than SO. Then verify the compatibily setting on "wcue.exe" (right-click on the file and click the "Compatibility" tab) and set it on Win95 if it's not already.

Hmm... come to think of it, if you deleted everything that starts with "gl", then you would have ended up deleting SO's and UE's graphics drivers, wouldn't you?

Deleting files is rarely a good way to make things work. Unneeded files can be there, anywhere on the HD and everything runs fine... but missing files is another thing. I would *never* recommand deleting a batch of files to anyone, unless it's one specific file that is needs to be deleted. :(

I know it was in the same directory because the game will work in software mode. But just so I can say I tried it all I uninstalled UE, SO, and my Nvidia drivers and
rebooted.
installed my Nvidia drivers
rebooted
Installed SO C:\Program Files\Origin Systems\Secret Ops
set SO to 95 mode
rebooted
installed UE C:\Program Files\Origin Systems\Secret Ops
set UE to 95 mode
SO playes but only in Software mode does not even give me the option for hardware
UE playes in saftware mode but in Direct 3D it gives me
(Gl::resize query failed)

Does this give you any Ideas?
Do you think UE will not work in Direct3D because SO won't?
And for that matter why wouldnt SO work in Hardware?
:( :confused:

Originally posted by Shades2585
Do you think UE will not work in Direct3D because SO won't?
That's probably a safe bet - SO probably doesn't let you select D3d mode because you'd probably end up getting the same error message (must be some safety thing in SO's launcher which isn't there in the UE launcher).

I'm not sure, but I think you should try the tech support forum (if you haven't already), because there are probably more people who can help you with general SO issues than with UE-specific issues (which doesn't seem to be your case anyhow, since if the problem was with UE, at least SO should be running fine in D3d mode).

--Eder

It's fixed now. And UE! DirectX was fine but it was a configuration problem I had in DirectX. HC1 got to me first but a big "THANK YOU" goes out to you both and everybody else who tried to help becase now I can play UE! I've been looking forward to this for a while.!!:D

And just so you know there is no non Interlaced option in software mode.

But I did find it in DirectX mode:p

Thank again!

Excelent Quarto
You're a fine example of what the GE program promises for the future.

Back