Farscape

Soma

Spaceman
I just finished watching Farscape:Chain Reaction on the sci fi channel and I was wondering if that show reminded anyone else of Privateer 2? Not so much the plot or the actors but the sets, cinematography, lighting, and so forth. Any takers?

::Whistles the spanish percussion refrain from Way of the Gun::

don't worry dude, you aint alone. I can see what you're saying. Some of the episodes (mostly the ones when they are on planet) do kind of. It's got that british sci-fi kind of feel to it.

Now the important question, did ya catch the thing that was on cartoon network right after that? The animated music video special with all the daft punk videos and all the Gorillaz videos!

Originally posted by Arcadian15
don't worry dude, you aint alone. I can see what you're saying. Some of the episodes (mostly the ones when they are on planet) do kind of. It's got that british sci-fi kind of feel to it.

I understand too, its more closer to privateer 2 then privateer 1 for example.

The Gorillaz video for their song "Clint Eastwood" is featured on the MTV Music Generator 2 CD for PS2. Personally, I don't care for em. I'm more of a REM person myself.

Originally posted by Arcadian15

Now the important question, did ya catch the thing that was on cartoon network right after that? The animated music video special with all the daft punk videos and all the Gorillaz videos!

I missed that, sounds interesting though...

I'm glad somebody else notices that britishy-feel to Farscape, I thought I might be suffering from Wc withdrawl ;)

LeHah- There's always free cheese in a mouse trap...

Originally posted by Dak
It's very different looking to most US sci-fi stuff.

yet at least the most recent episodes IIRC were filmed in hollywood, but perhaps the production crew is all british

After sitting in the Hermes customs port for a while I think P2 is a lot like Lexx, even the strange and goofy settings like Bex. Is it just my computer or are the people standing around supposed to be twitching that fast?

Well I guess thats what you get when you combine German/Canadian television:rolleyes:

Nap: AFAIK Farscape is filmed in Australia (Homebush studios?) and all actors (except Ben Browder, of course :) ) are Australiens.

And I agree that some settings and (especially) alien races look similar to those shown in LeXX.

What I like most about Farscape is the "freshness" of the show. Also the actors are pretty cool. I can't remember a show where the actors/writers were willing to participate in a chat during their last day of shooting of the season.

Originally posted by LeHah
::Whistles the spanish percussion refrain from Way of the Gun::
Originally posted by Dralthi5
Gorillaz. Gotta love 'em. :)
Huh? Was the refrain made by Gorillaz by any chance?

Hey, isn't the lead singer of Gorillaz also the lead singer of Blur?

I was refering to the superior Christopher McQuarrie movie "The Way of the Gun", scored by Joeseph Kraemer.

Originally posted by Nighthawk
Nap: AFAIK Farscape is filmed in Australia (Homebush studios?) and all actors (except Ben Browder, of course :) ) are Australiens.

reason why I said that was because there had been a cotest on SciFI that said something like win a day visiting the farscape set and actors during filming in holywood. that was like a few months ago.

Originally posted by LeHah
I was refering to the superior Christopher McQuarrie movie "The Way of the Gun", scored by Joeseph Kraemer.
I got that... I was only asking if Gorillaz participated in the OST... and why Dralthi5 mentioned Gorillaz all of a sudden...

But The Way of the Gun is quite a movie indeed... I like it because of the pinch of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, among many other things... :cool:
Originally posted by Silent Warrior
Damon Albarn.
What, don't look at me! It was my SISTER who listened to the buggers!
Hey! What's wrong with Blur? :)

Ohh British SciFi... Still waiting for the first good remake of War of the Worlds... maybe one day Francis Ford Coppola will find the money and enthousiasm for it to combine the Cubrik designers and the Sherlok Holmes series cineasts.. would be great to see that mixture of 19 century London combined with state-of-the-art SF sets
anyone played the game, by the way??

what game, is there a farscape game? well anyway War of the Worlds, it would be fun to have a movie that was happening in the 1930's and was that the martians did land when Orson Wells did the reading of it on the radio. BTW I actually first lived about 1 mile from where the martians were supposed to have landed when I was first born.

Back