Fan Fiction

Sylvester

Vice Admiral
I wrote a little fan fic for UE. This is the first page of Chap 1.

Wing Commander: Unknown Enemy
Fan Fiction by Joshua Dworkin

*Disclaimer* Wing Commander, property of Origin Systems
Unknown Enemy, property of UE Development Team
WCSO, copyright 1998 by Origin Systems
WCUE, copyright 2003 by UE development team

2681.037 Nephele System, 0741 BWST
BWS Freedom CV-4

As the sun rose on Nephele, the gleaming hull of a Ranger class carrier sailed past the farming planet. This was the BWS Freedom, en route to the Nephele jump point and a rendezvous with the BWS Princeton. As he stepped onto the bridge, Captain Halls reminisced when all his beat up carrier had to fight were a couple of second rate pilots. But things had changed, the BW along with Confed and surprisingly, the Kilrathi were battling the Nephilim all over the outer systems. The Princeton Battlegroup had just destroyed the enemy fleet at Tyr and the Freedom had been sent to the Nephele system ahead to scout. They only found token resistance in the form of a damaged Orca class destroyer. They easily dispatched it and after signaling the all clear, the Freedom had set course for the jump point to link up with the fleet.
2 months ago, the Defense Ministry authorized the scrapping of the two Bengal Class Strike Carriers in the Unions fleet, the BWS Dauntless and the BWS Invincible. Halls had vigoursly opposed these rulings along with many other officers but the decision to scrap them stood until 2 days ago after the defense of Beaufort station by the valiant pilots of the Dauntless. The DF had realized its error and put the two ships back into full service. Halls own ship, the Freedom, like the Dauntless and Invincible, been former property of the Confederation. Built in 2631, the former TCS Langley had been sold to the BW at the end of the Kilrathi War. Now 50 years old, the ship was scheduled to retire but the new conflict pushed the old carrier back to the front.
Suddenly the alarm klaxon wailed.
“Sir! we have incoming enemy craft” the ops officer yelled.
“Launch all fighters” Halls ordered. He could see the tactical display, they were under attack by over 60 fighters from an Hydra Class cruiser that was bearing in.
The 40 pilots of the Liberty immediately raced to the flightdeck, some still zipping their flight suits while they ran. They scrambled down the deck , hopping into the first available fighter
The first banshees and scimitars began launching within a minute of this call but the bugs were already on them. The Freedom shuddered as the first torpedo grazed her stern.
“Sent out a distress call, now!”

2381.037 Nephele system, 0745 BWST
BWS Dauntless

“Sir, were receiving a distress call” announced the Comm officer
“Lets hear it” Graham replied

“This is—WS Freedom, ——der attack by —-philim forces——- f—assistan—-diately—Mayday—ayda--this is —— BWS Freedom — any BW –hip please..—-”

“General Quarters, get our fighters over there”
“Aye sir, All pilots report to the flight deck immediately, this is not a drill”
“Alert the Princeton of the situation” he ordered, he could only hope that Johann Daniels could save yet another ship from destruction.
“Sir, we have launched Alpha Wing, Daniels reports that he is on his way to the Freedom.” Graham stroked his beard, ‘if anyone could pull this off, Daniels could’ he thought.

Give up, dude. And don't go horning in on my WC songwriting, either.

Ghost said:
Keep up the good work Sylvester!!!

What I find very funny is that Sylvester will actually interpret Ghost's post as a true complement.

The fact that Psych only called you a fucktard instead of going into a total rant means you're improving... but still far away from anything good. Try writing something that seems a little less cliche. I mean, sure it happens a lot, but who wants to read the 50th itteration of "When Wang Cummanders get ambushed by Spank Muffins and Uber Crotch saves them all from impending violation." :p

So much sarcasm, TC would love this thread. It's a little repetative of other stories. Try to make up some new ideas.

t.c.cgi said:
The fact that Psych only called you a fucktard instead of going into a total rant means you're improving... but still far away from anything good. Try writing something that seems a little less cliche. I mean, sure it happens a lot, but who wants to read the 50th itteration of "When Wang Cummanders get ambushed by Spank Muffins and Uber Crotch saves them all from impending violation." :p

Ummm, no. It's because I had gotten off a 10 mile run and was too tired to do anything longer.

Excuses, excuses. Pysch, you are letting me down! *tsk-tsk-tsk* :D ;)

But seriously. Sylvester the writing needs a lot of work. First of all, it doesn't sound realistic and Daniels is not a super hero come to save the human race. He is just an ordinary, experienced wing/squadron commander pilot. Another thing is the explantion at the beginning is too straight forward and dry.

Just something that you can actually benefit from, unlike these guys who just say that you're writing sucks and you are stupid for "trying to change WC." *gives a mean glare at the other guys*

Back