Fan Art

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Okay, so I haven't been all that busy and I've been working on my 2d editing so here's my latest creation. The Ralari and gratha are my 3d models of course, the guy on the left is me, the girl on the right is Jennifer Connelly and of course the guy in the uniform in the middle is Elvis, the King of Rock 'n Roll!!!

ralarijupiterfaceelvis.jpg

That just reminds me of those collages on the cover of Star Wars books. Where they show like Leia and Han and a ship, and some insect.

You need to show me how to make textures :(

Anyway, great job! Excellent work on the composition.

That is correct, I'm on the right NOT the left! :) Bob, I'm not sure what I could teach you about texturing. Most of my models I just spread one texture across and line up the various decals where they aren't stretched. This allows me to completely model and texture a ship within 15-20 minutes. However if you want some ideas etc feel free to email me at: daniel.goodwin@mchsi.com Thanks for the comments, guys, I was trying to go for the book cover look. Maybe if someone has some fanfiction WC books I could do a cover for them? Just an idea...

Great job!! That "invasion awaits" thing reminds me of the Battle of Terra. Maybe you could do a poster for Standoff, swapping the Ralari for the Concordia, and Elvis :D, Jennifer and you for the Standoff´s characters.

Dude, great poster. And I actually kind of like Elvis: You have to really look to recognize that its him, and the pose and uniform are such that once I realized that it was the King, I didn't care cause it still looked good. :D

Hey quick question: What kind of software did you use to make this picture? I'm not talking about the 3-d rendering, but rather the 2-d editing. I'm dying to make pictures like those, but I can't find anything remotely qualified other than Microsoft Paint (which is just a little to nitty-gritty for my tastes).

Do you know of any good software or freeware that's good for 2-d editing?

Thanks! And again, great poster dude! :cool:

That’s really good. It would have looked even cooler if you'd photo-shopped a Confed patch over the 2nd Armoured division (or whatever it is) patch on Elvis's arm. The picture of your face looks a bit wierd though, I dont mean that in an offensive way, what I mean is it looks like a painting of you or something as opposed to a photograph.

Thanks everyone! I'm sorry for the delay in my response, I've been unbelievably busy recently. Anyways, in answer to some questions, I use Photoshop 7 for my 2d work, it's not cheap but gives fantastic results (plus lots of creative tutorials for it on the web). You can sometimes find an affordable version in a training book, I'd suggest looking there or purchasing the academic version. Yes, I know my face looks extremely...weird...in that picture but you should see the original, I had to crop out a living room and all kinds of stuff to get it like that, it wasn't exactly a glamour shot to begin with. I'd love to some shots for WC standoff but still waiting on Eder (ahem!) :)

Back