Famous Wc fans

Um, if you read the 2nd page of this topic, you`ll probably find a whole dicussion about who is a WC fan. No nead to repeat things.

Shane, you might be correct, but I think that if you ask the average Trekie on the street, DS9 will come in 3rd.
Anyway, I still liked B5 better, although I will agree with you that after watching a few later season episodes of DS9 my initial opinion about the series changed a lot.

Mad Hatter: Fine, I won't take things too literally, but sarcasm and/or irony doesn't come through very well in type.
wink.gif

Most true Trekkers (not Trekkies, get it right, dammit!
smile.gif
) probably feel that DS9 goes against Gene Roddenberry's dream of an almost Utopian future, in that Deep Space Nine is very dark and gritty, the antithesis of the original series, or even Next Generation and Voyager. But I feel that DS9 was more realistic than those other shows, especially the later episodes in seasons 6 and 7. " Far Beyond the Stars" actually dealt with racism and discrimination, and "Badda-Bing-Badda-Boom" and "Take Me Out to the Holosuite" added some much-needed humor without throwing in some lame alien species or spatial anamoly (sp?) like all of the other series do. I'm not trying to argue anything, mind you, I'm just throwing in my two cents (or is it more like eight cents now?).

UltimaWingman: Just because the actors starred in a movie/game, doesn't mean they're fans. Fact, I read in Entertainment Weekly (I think) that Freddie Prinze, Jr. hated the WC movie as much as most critics.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, actors don't have to be fans of the movies/games they're staring in (only of the the money they get for playing their characters
wink.gif
).
But as far as Freddie Prinze jr. is concerned I read/heard somewhere that he wanted to be in the movie before he even read the script because he has been a fan of the games since he was 15.

BTW, did someone notice who celebrated his b-day yesterday? Hint: His character was a war hero of the TK war but didn't do so well afterwards.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

The character or the actor (there were two, actually, McDowell, and Warner)?

------------------

What do you mean two. As far as I can remember Malcolm McDowell was the only one who played Tolwyn, unless you`re refering to the guy who voiced him in WC2...

Um, now that I think of it, you`re probably talking about the WCM actor, which I haven`t seen, so forget it.

[This message has been edited by Mad Hatter (edited June 14, 2000).]

Caught yourself just in time, eh, Mad Hatter?
biggrin.gif

------------------

The answer is:

Malcolm McDowell *13.06.1944

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Dralthi5 said:
Caught yourself just in time, eh, Mad Hatter?
biggrin.gif

Yeah, lucky me.
wink.gif
But like I said, I`ve never seen the movie so I wasn`t thinking of that Tolwyn.

Back