Family Guy

the Fry Vs Zoidburg episode was on just last night. I too, think futurama>family guy, but that's just me.

As for being the worlds "dumbest demographic," :rolleyes:

Oh, Family Guy is hilarious -- but the reason it's suddenly so popular is that legions of college students suddenly discovered it.

When Futurama was funny, it was better than the Simpsons.

When it wasn't funny, it was worse than the last 5 years of the Simpsons.

Bandit LOAF said:
Oh, Family Guy is hilarious -- but the reason it's suddenly so popular is that legions of college students suddenly discovered it.

More like the legions of college students that buy the DVDs now were in middle school or early high school when the show was originally out and laughed at all the ridiculous jokes, despite not getting half of the jokes at the time. (Trust me, I know).

I'll admit I didn't get into the show until recently I started watching it on Cartoon Network. What difference does it make? Our name is Legion!

Iceman16 said:
I love Family Guy, Ive been watching it just about since it first aired.

anybody else get the Red Dwarf reference here?

Yes, I did indeed get the reference. "My name is legion for we are many..." Don't get me wrong guys, I think Family Guy is a hilarious show (the first few episodes especially so) but I just truly love Futurama the best because of the sci-fi setting. The Simpson are funny too but not so much anymore.

Indoril Nerevar said:
Why does it matter if it's popular or not? Who the hell cares?

Hmm...the creators of the show, the producers, the voice actors, the networks that air the show...just those people.

Erm, perhaps it matters because it's the topic of discussion? We were explaining why Family Guy can be brought back from cancellation when Futurama can't...

Why was Futurama cancelled anyway? It couldn't have just been that it was expensive to produce. And that show was at least funnier than the newer episodes of The Simpsons. Ugh, these new Simpsons episodes just give me cabin fever really bad.

Well, I know my generation is supposed to just be in love with the Simpsons and all...but I never really found it that funny. Now, Futurama, that was funny! Like the "Snoo-snoo" episode! That show rocked.

??? I can totally understand not liking anything new The Simpsons does now. But I still think that anything from season one to even season seven is funnier than Futurama. Sigh, I guess it all just boils down to taste. Of all those shows I thought for a long while The Simpsons was the most intelligent and funny. Sure Family Guy is retarded, but we college kids are the dumbest demograph. Futurama is an all around great show and it's very pleasant to look at.

The best show to watch really late at night is Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. There is something so offbeat about it that tiredness makes it funnier. I think it's actually a quite brilliant show. One of my favorite episodes is when replicating pods come and stand next to Space Ghost, Zorak, and Moltar for the whole episode and they are all trying to find a way to get rid of them and in the meantime, the Blob has enveloped the Ghost Planet.

But seriously, I'm very tired. It's very late.

Space Ghost was more fun before Cartoon Network decided to develop hundreds of hours worth of programming based entirely around the idea that "LOOK HOW WEIRD WE ARE! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! LOOK!" was a good joke.

Space Ghost also does really stupid ideas that are really not funny. The commentary episode was godawful.

Oh, God! Space Ghost! That show just sux! That's one of those times I'd rather read the inside of my eyelids than watch TV. (That doesn't happen often!) Cartoon network did great with Family Guy and Futurama, but I think they really screwed up with Space Ghost...that and Sea Lab 2020. That's when I turn it to reruns of old ABC shows that are now playing on TV Land.

Back