Family Guy

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
Is anyone as excited as I am (and I'm at least fairly excited) that Family Guy is coming back on the air with new episodes? It's just what we need in this uncertain time of new cabin fever-inducing episodes of The Simpsons (not to always compare Family Guy with The Simpsons, but you know, c'bon!).

Hehehe! I'm really really recdiculously excited about the new season. Do we know who will air it? I think they were debating between Cartoon Network and Fox.

A debate between Cartoon Network and FOX is generally settled by the fact that one has billions of dollars and the other one can rerun The Flinstones Meets The Jetsons as many times as it wants.

While I enjoy Family Guy, I would much rather see Futurama come back. Oh well, DVD sales are always indications of what the public wants :)

C-ya

I can't wait for this new season, I love Family Guy. Won't Cartoon Network be able to show the reruns, though?

Lol Family Guy is awesome, so is Futurama though. Remember back in the old days when Married with Children and the Simpsons used to crap on FOX for putting absolutly anythign on the air

Hum...I think it's much easier to bring back Family Guy than Futurama. Futurama deals mainly w/ 1999 and the years near there. I love both of them though. I'd be happy to see either one.

Kind of funny this thread popped up today, we actually talked about FG for a minute in my modern germany history class. We just finished the fall of the third reich and are moving into the post war years around the time of the division. A kid in my class asked about how germany treats the third reich in their history books and another student brought up the episode where brian goes on a european vacation. Don't remember the exact wording but I'll go with what I got...

"Umm your tour guide is missing the years 1933-1945" - Brian
"NOTHING HAPPENED. Everyone was on vacation!" - German tour guide

absolutely hilarious....

Sparrow1 said:
Hum...I think it's much easier to bring back Family Guy than Futurama. Futurama deals mainly w/ 1999 and the years near there.

No it doesn't... The first episode clearly takes place December 31st 1999, but the premise has no connection to that at all... It could just as easily have been some random day and it would only require minor script changes.

It's harder to bring back Futurama because it costs actual money and doesn't sell to the worlds dumbest demograph.

Bandit LOAF said:
It's harder to bring back Futurama because it costs actual money and doesn't sell to the worlds dumbest demograph.

Werner Heisenberg was cruising down the highway in his BMW, doing well over the posted speed limit. Eventually, a police officer sees his reckless behavior and turns on his siren. Heisenberg slows down and pulls over to the side of the road.

The officer approaches his car and asks, "Do you know how fast you were going?"

Heisenberg responds, "No, but I know where I was!"

I'd argue that Zap Brannigan alone was funnier than any Family Guy episode.

"Men, you are lucky men. Soon you'll all be fighting for your planet. Many of
you will be dying for your planet. A few of you will be forced through a fine
mesh screen for your planet. They will be the luckiest of all."

It definately had lots of golden moments. I loved it when they were on Zoidberg's planet and he was about to fight Fry in the arena and the all raise for the national anthem it's that old Star Trek fighting music. That was great.

Futurama has got to be one of the funniest shows (cartoon or otherwise) I've ever seen. I agree that Zap had to have been one of the greatest characters I've seen...

"Gentlemen, we are about to fight a dangerous, deadly and clearly evil foe...we have absolutely no idea what they look like or what their intentions are, our only option is to completely exterminate them."

HAHAHA! Funny stuff...I need to go buy the DVDs since they dont' carry them at the video rental store.

Back