false colors

d3r3k

Spaceman
could someone help me make sense of the ending?

are we assuming that ragark surrendered?

and what is up with tolwyn? his actions and motives in the novel seem to completely contradict what he does in wc4.

and what is up with the karga being constantly referred to as a supercarrier? i've checked the encyclopedia ship database and it listed as a heavy carrier.

could someone help me make sense of the ending?

are we assuming that ragark surrendered?

Ragark lived to fight another day, but without a working dreadnaught. Keith's plan was to follow the novel with two other stories - one about Murragh facing off against Ragark for the throne and one about a war between the Landreich and the Confederation. Unfortunately, he died and no one else is interested in publishing Wing Commander novels right now.

and what is up with tolwyn? his actions and motives in the novel seem to completely contradict what he does in wc4.

Read closely, especially the part where he "reveals" the secret to Jason. He connects everything to his WC4 plot immediately afterwards.

and what is up with the karga being constantly referred to as a supercarrier? i've checked the encyclopedia ship database and it listed as a heavy carrier.

Terms like 'supercarrier' and 'megacarrier' aren't really legitimate classifications - the Vesuvius is a Vesuvius-class Heavy Carrier and the Midway is a Midway-class Heavy Carrier. Similarly, the Karga is a Bhantkara-class Heavy Carrier.

what is the secret?

are you talking about his spiel about the belisarius group or what he is alluding to on the two or so pages?

shame keith died.

d3r3k said:
what is the secret?

are you talking about his spiel about the belisarius group or what he is alluding to on the two or so pages?

shame keith died.

Yes, the secret was the Belisarius group's activities, which explained why he wanted to end the war so badly, and why the Confederation government demobilized everyone so quickly. There's also the secret he didn't reveal, regarding the 'virus inside the bacterium of the Belisarius group'. Reread the part about Nietzche.

Back