false colors

d3r3k

Spaceman
i just started to read false colors. after beginning the second chapter, i noticed it introduces the characters of jason and sparks. i've never read a wc book before, so how essential is the knowledge found in previous books, am i at a disadvantage?

Somewhat. Both characters are featured in previous books, either in full or in passing. I'm sure you'll settle down with the book after a while though. I read most of the books in a backward order, myself.

Sparks and Jason are also major characters in Wing Commander 2 and the Special Operations. But knowing about them before is not absolutely necessary.

Ole Bondy was a pilot off the TCS Gettysburg. The Gettysburg's captain ordered his pilots to fire on a bunch of innocent Kilrathi civilians, and the pilots refused and mutinied. The mutineers split into two factions: one went pirate, the other (including Jason) tried to rejoin Confed. Blair helped destroy the pirates, who had taken up a base inside Rigel Station, and later Bondy showed up to help Blair at Ghorah-Kar. Jason was the main character of the End Run and Fleet Action books, too.

Back