Fahrenheit 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up a stone's throw away from Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia, the largest NAS on the east coast. VA Beach, being a resort town as well, gets its share of tourists during the summer months. One hot July day, many years ago, I was at work when two French-Canadians walked into my place of employment. They began complaining (whining) about the F-14s, A-6s, and F/A-18s flying overhead. They wanted to know where they could go to escape the noise. I suggested they go back to Canada. The collective look on their face was priceless.

And Iceman, I have a suggestion for you: If ya'll don't like the way we do things down here in the ol' USA maybe you Canadians could step up for once and take a true leadership role in world affairs instead of playing your usual part: The reluctant, semi- supportive "partner" who pisses and moans after the fact. Try being something other than French "lite" for once. Or, you could continue to do what you've done for the past 60 or so years, that being rely on the US tax-payer and military to protect and defend you and your right to criticize our government, our leaders, and our policies.

Mystery muppet said:
Erkle: Did you fall fast asleep during the months before the Iraq-war? It was supposed to be about finding weapons of mass-destruction, which, to my knowledge, has come up dry. Because there was little success in that, the cause was shifted to 'freeing the Iraqi people from an evil dictator'. BAH.

That would be the "bad intelligence" that I mentioned. Saddam did have a history of researching WMD and the search is still ongoing as far as I know. And the end result desired from the beginning was removing Saddam from power. The WMD was a good reason to go in and try.

Jim

And thank you for the suggestion Bob, I will endeavor to use better paragraph structure in the future. I have been working on my punctuation and topic clarity while apparently having ommited that good old enter button. ;)

Iceman16 said:
I cant stand the guy, IMHO I wish he would be assassinated for the good of the world
You have a remarkably strong opinion concerning my President, for someone not at all entitled to one in the first place.

If it were up to me, you'd be forced to find some other poor forum to spread your hate and animosity, but it sadly isn't. I doubt this thread will provide you with opportunities for much longer, though...

Fahrenlyle .818181818182 - Never Foghat

A THREAD IN ONE ACT (post)

--

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Potato - Concerned Citizen/Lazy Stupid Hippie

Tomato - Concerned Citizen/War Mongering Baby Eater

--

ACT I:

POTATO
Oh my gosh! Someone made a movie that agrees with my politics! I guess that proves I'm right about everything I've ever said! Burn on you, Tomato!

TOMATO
Burn on *you*, Potato! I don't agree with that movie!

POTATO
You don't agree with the movie?! That's impossible! It's a *movie*! You must be CENSORING MY FREE SPEECH!

TOMATO
How dare you accuse me of CENSORING YOUR FREE SPEECH! I've done nothing of the sort. For you to even suggest that indicates that you are CENSORING MY FREE SPEECH!

POTATO
Well, if you don't agree with the movie, then you must automatically support the viewpoint of everyone else who disagrees with the movie!

TOMATO
I'll defend these issues even though I have no strong feelings towards them, simply because you think they're wrong!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

POTATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

TOMATO
YOU'RE STUPID!

Fin.

(Haha, seriously, though, if we let this go on like a normal thread - and you can't say I haven't done my darndest to stop that - it'll end up with my team (TEAM MAGMA) winning a debate I don't really care about. Not because I'm necessarily right, but because I'm really smart, because I know how to capitalize letters and because I'm really good at being very, very sarcastic. In the end we'll all be dumber for having taken such a stupid issue seriously.)

(Real potatoes and tomatoes are not this stupid.)

(FREE FERDINAND!)

boston2-2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back