External Monitor

Kuhuna

Rear Admiral
I hooked up my laptop to my tv screen, but I can't move the Standoff window over. Is there a way to open Standoff as a smaller window on the desktop (a la dosbox) so I can play it on the big screen?

Have you tried cloning screen? most two-screen cards have an option to show the same view on both screens usually called cloning(on nvidia tools at least.), it should be somewhere in the videocard controll panel. The effect would be much better than windowed mode IMHO

Standoff Launcher - Options - Switch to "Windowed Mode"

Went to window mode. How do I go back to the desktop without closing the window?

Have you tried cloning screen? most two-screen cards have an option to show the same view on both screens usually called cloning(on nvidia tools at least.), it should be somewhere in the videocard controll panel. The effect would be much better than windowed mode IMHO

Tried setting the tv as my primary display in display properties, but when I tried to apply the setting, it deselected the moniter as a display option instead of transferring the display.

Move the game window so you can view the desktop. You should be able to just grab the top of the window and drag it to where you want.

Went to window mode. How do I go back to the desktop without closing the window?

Alt + Tab will change you to another open window or the desktop.
Alt + Enter will convert the window to full screen if it can. (No idea if it might change the monitor it opens on though!)

You should look for an 'open on' option. Every dual-monitor system I've ever seen allows you to specify which monitor to open new windows on. You should be able to set this to your external monitor.

Back