"excuse Me Sir, Did You Say The Victory?"

Roberts

Spaceman
"DID YOU SAY BLAIR"

If i was on the Victory I would be messing myself to here of his posting!

1, Tigersclaw= Bang

2, Concordia = Crashed

3, Victory= Great!

Request transfer to the ISS now!

Even if you could say the Tiger's claw being blown up by stealth fighters was somehow Blair's fault...the Concordia being damaged beyond repair in the biggest fleet engagement of the Kilrathi war is probably not something you could hold against Blair's record personally...

Even if you could say the Tiger's claw being blown up by stealth fighters was somehow Blair's fault...the Concordia being damaged beyond repair in the biggest fleet engagement of the Kilrathi war is probably not something you could hold against Blair's record personally...

Especially when you consider the fact that, according to the "official" version of events, Blair wasn't even on the Concordia at the time it was destroyed. He was in a hospital, grounded, suffering from severe burns he received while fighting in the Battle of Earth.

Even if he had been flying for the Concordia at the time of its destruction... It's war. Ships are destroyed all the time. I seriously doubt Blair is the only person in Confed to have been assigned to two different ships that have been put out of commission by the cats...

floundericiousMI said:
Maj Striker...

Do we know what happened at Vespus?

Concordia was lost in a rear guard action. That's really it and Blair was not on it. He was recovering from wounds he received during BoT from a missile strike.

Halman said:
they made a movie about how he let them blow up the Tiger's Claw, though.

A crappy one at that it sounds like. Holovids about the war were often crappy. Just think about "First to Kilrah"

A crappy one at that it sounds like. Holovids about the war were often crappy. Just think about "First to Kilrah"

That's a strange statement -- because one of the two we know about was supposed to be bad, the other one must be, too?

Roberts said:
"DID YOU SAY BLAIR"

1, Tigersclaw= Bang

2, Concordia = Crashed

3, Victory= Great!

Excuse me sir...did you say "newbies"?

Roberts said:
"DID YOU SAY BLAIR"

1, Tigersclaw= Bang

2, Concordia = Crashed

3, Victory= Great!

High command has a history of assigning him to very dangerous "against all odds" assignments (with the exception of his transfer pre-WC2). If I found out Blair was being transferred to my carrier, I would be concerned that things were going to get very hairy.

Bandit LOAF said:
That's a strange statement -- because one of the two we know about was supposed to be bad, the other one must be, too?

"A Treachous Hero" I really can't see it winning any awards with a title like that. I'm not saying it must be bad, but chances are it probably isn't Gone with the Wind or Saving Private Ryan.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, it is a great movie that won 35 space oscars. The movie novelization got 10 Galaxy Pullitzers. And the breakfast cereal is hummm, tasty.

(i mean, it is not like we can have an objective opinion on a work of art we will never see or experience)

Yeah, it must have been very unpopular. Because everyone in the confederation knew his history with the 'Claw.

In Blair's bio in the Wing Commander Prophecy Guide, "A Treacherous Hero" is described as being "sensationalist." Indeed, it's cited as probably being the reason Blair decided to stay in the military rather than calling it quits and returning to civilian life.

I suppose it's true that we can't really get the complete picture on the book or the movie... But I generally don't connect the word "sensationalist" with something that's a well-balanced, well-written piece of work.

I disagree -- think of books like The Jungle and Uncle Toms Cabin. Very sensationalist for their times, but considered important literature today.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I disagree -- think of books like The Jungle and Uncle Toms Cabin. Very sensationalist for their times, but considered important literature today.

Good point. I hadn't considered that.

I guess that means all we know is that "A Treacherous Hero" - either how it was written or the general public's reaction to it - probably helped goad Blair into staying in the military.

I'd certainly be interested in knowing more about what that book was like, though...

floundericiousMI said:
Excuse me sir...did you say "newbies"?

:eek: "Oh dear I forgot the playground pecking order applies" I thought it was mildly amusing! :eek:

I find it interesting that Blair wasn't on the Concordia in the storyline at the time of Vespus. I only played WC2 SO2, then WC3 and never read the book which I can't get hold of! I love the story though.

Receiving treatment for burns then?

Back