Excalibur sounds request ..

Neat, do you have any pictures of what the Vesuvius would look like from the actual player interface perspective? Do you plan to make that ship available for others to download?

Yeah it will be available at BCfiles.com soon, still working out bugs and balance issues with other ships etc...

I would like to include the Excalibur fighter in it with the Thunderbolt,but forgot to get sounds from WC3 and dont really feel like playing WC3 all over again to get the sound files.
so far I have the Thunderbolt fighter capable of launching from the TCS Vesuvius.

Things needed to use the Model are:
Star Trek Bridge Commander game with 1.1 patch,foundation plug-in,newest shuttle launching framework,newest Quickbattle.

if you do not have those I could change the model format so it will work in a game of your choice provided I have the correct import/export plug-in,but it will not have a hardpoint file except for Bridge Commander.

But since im not getting many responses on this issue I guess ill replay the whole game just to get Excalibur sounds...dont really have the time to do that since im jobless atm and about to have no internet etc...

I've got a WC3 savegame directory with 9 savegames in it (I think of the last missions of the game)
If you're interested, I can mail you those in a zip or ACE, just PM me

But since im not getting many responses on this issue I guess ill replay the whole game just to get Excalibur sounds...dont really have the time to do that since im jobless atm and about to have no internet etc...

I don't know, I get a lot more work done with Wing Commander when I don't have a job or an internet to distract me... :) But seriously, this thread has only been here for a few hours, it's not really time to give up... although it is notoriously difficult to get sounds from the games (and you weren't very specific -- what kinds of unique sounds does an Excalibur make, anyway? Its guns?)

If you do end up replaying the game, you don't have to go all that far in -- you get to test-fly an Excalibur in the second mission of the second series (Tamayo 2).

Tachyon cannons ,ion cannons from WC4,and WC3 the Reaper cannons,and the cloaking sound..

I used the patches to make them run better in windows then I used fraps to make a video with sound then, I used Unlead movie factory to seperate the sound part of the video and then export it to a .wma,then run it through windows media file editor and run the file untile I get all sounds from all items, I perferably find a spot where i can test weapons and stuff without any extra sounds from other ships...just in case someone has made it as far in WC3 to get the cloaking sound.

I got the sounds from the vesuvius from the movie which took alot of work since the extracted file from the movie extractor is an unknown .avi!

the fraps method is alot easier with the other ships,but the only way for me to get the cloak sounds from the Excalibur is have a saved game of the ending missions..in WC3, might can get cloak sounds from a WC4 movie of the black lance fighter but there is alot of noise,will take alot of work getting it to sound like it should.

Back