Events unfolding in Wing Commander Prophecy : Secret Ops

Dahan

Rear Admiral
This must have been brought up 1001 times already but I need to refresh myself with some reading...
After the events of Prophecy, with the lost of Blair and all
What happen during the events in Secret Ops
I have read the mission briefings from the game guide site but it gives only a small perspective of the event that happen
Can anyone share with me some insight of the events that occuring during Secret Ops please?

Casey, Zero, Stiletto, Maestro, Spyder and Amazon are temporarily transferred from the Midway to the newly commissioned CIS (Confederation Intelligence Service) cruiser Cerberus, while the Midway herself goes on a sort of victory parade around Sol sector. After finding the Nephilim have appeared in Sol sector as well, the Cerberus moves from system to system, squashing bugs, rescuing civilians, hunting the source of the new invasion, etc.

A contagion threat has also developed with dead Nephilim capships producing organisms which spread on contact with the derelicts and attack skin and muscle tissue in their victims. With the illegal trade in Nephilim artefacts, the disease has had a chance to spread quite quickly.

Eventually, the Cerberus makes it to Proxima where they capture the alien wormhole that the Nephilim are using as their access point to the Sol sector. The Cerberus pilots are transferred back to the Midway, with CIS taking possession of the wormhole.

I suggest having a look at the fiction associated with Secret Ops as it contains a lot of background information only briefly mentioned in the game itself, if at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Casey, Zero, Stiletto, Maestro, Spyder and Amazon are temporarily transferred from the Midway to the newly commissioned CIS (Confederation Intelligence Service) cruiser Cerberus, while the Midway herself goes on a sort of victory parade around Sol sector. After finding the Nephilim have appeared in Sol sector as well, the Cerberus moves from system to system, squashing bugs, rescuing civilians, hunting the source of the new invasion, etc.

A contagion threat has also developed with dead Nephilim capships producing organisms which spread on contact with the derelicts and attack skin and muscle tissue in their victims. With the illegal trade in Nephilim artefacts, the disease has had a chance to spread quite quickly.

Eventually, the Cerberus makes it to Proxima where they capture the alien wormhole that the Nephilim are using as their access point to the Sol sector. The Cerberus pilots are transferred back to the Midway, with CIS taking possession of the wormhole.

I suggest having a look at the fiction associated with Secret Ops as it contains a lot of background information only briefly mentioned in the game itself, if at all.

Is that the same CIS from Privateer 2 by any chance? Or does that stand for something different?

Last edited by a moderator:
CIS = Central Intelligence Service?

...just a speculation, but its the name for that organisation inside the sips database...

Deacan

I don't think they're connected - CIS isn't even the entire acronym in Secret Ops... it's 'TCIS'.

Sorry about that. I was going from memory, and I distinctly remember Governor Cavazos stating, "CIS command will take the reins from here".

Yeah, they use CIS in conversation pretty frequently - but it's 'TCIS' in some of the "official" bits (headers on transfer orders and such).

Back