ES Mission problems... bug?

cappyra

Spaceman
I am not sure if this is a bug or not. Something deffinately went screwy with the ES missions.

I met the confed officer in Ragnarok on the only planet there. She gave me a mission to scan nav points in Lilac. I took off headed there. Got to the sector, hit all the nav points, mission complete.

I flew back to Ragnarok to the planet I met her on... and she was not there. It had been a while since I had played the story line so... I loaded a save and plyed the mission again... but this time I landed on the confed base in Lilac.

Ah... there she is. I get the second mission... this time to scan nav points in the Tingerhoff system.

Fly to Tingerhoff and scan the points. Mission complete. Following the previous mission method... I landed on one of the planets in the sector and headed to the bar expecting to meet the confed officer. Instead there was a different woman in a blue military looking suit. Once again it had been a while so... I talked to her.

The mission she discribed was definately not exploratory or part of the origional storyline so I rejected the mission. I took off from the planet and my ship... was completely stripped of components. I was like What??? Fortunately... I keep several saved games. One main saved game. and 2 "test" saved games. Just in case I screw up and break the story line. I loaded the most recent saved game which was just before I entered the bar and talked to this new woman in blue... I launched again and once again my ship was completely stripped of all upgrades. OK... weird. I exited the game and restarted... same thing. I found out that this was a "new" storyline created for the remake. I figured the storyline had been broken or something so I went back to the saved game before this one. This saved game was just after I completed ES1 and I was on the confed base in Lilac. I go into the bar to take ES2 from the confed officer and...

She wasn't there. ??!?! I quit and restarted the game and same thing. I would be unable to continue the story line.

Fortunately I have my origional saved game just before I started the ES missions in Ragnarok. I loaded that saved game walked into the bar... and she was there. Good. I launched my ship to make sure my ship was still outfitted and it was. Good. Ok time to start the storyline again.

I land back on the planet, walk into the bar and poof! the Confed officer is gone.

I am not sure what is going on but this is the first time I have had any problems with the missions in the game. My thought is that maybe I started some chain reaction when I talked to the woman in blue on the planet in the Tingerhoff system. Since it is a different storyline... did it change the universe somehow?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

if you could upload or e-mail (to privater *atsign gmail.com where *atsign=@) your stderr.txt and stdout.txt files in the bin folder *when* you have these problems (i.e. start the game, reproduce the problems, etc)

Are you sure they weren't random fixer missions? what did the dialogue look like? they were probably just mission computer missions

I've never had my ship being stripped of upgrades--curious how that could possibly happen unless you tried to recover your savegame from an earlier beta

Urk! Sorry I hacked around with my saved game last night to restart the storyline and then deleted the old ones o_o If it happens again I will get those files to you.

Thanks so much!

Back