endings for wc3

d3r3k

Spaceman
are there only two? just curious, because i lost flint (her and i were an item) the mission before the kilrah run. if she is still alive, is the ending any different?

man, i had always thought that the battle of earth took place before the kilrah run and you could win it. dissapointing, i was looking foward to the battle.

There are 3, on with flint, one with rachel and one with your han... er, alone.
4 if you count the losing endgame.

You only fight in Sol if you lose. BoT takes place in 2668. WC3 is in 2669.

Flint dies in HotT on the Kilrah run, Vagabond and Maniac both survive to appear in WC4.

You can lose certain missions and go straight to proxima and then to Sol to fight the dreadnaught. That's about as close as you can get to BoT until Standoff comes out...

Can you chose either Flint or Rachel and not have the other get mad at you? For example, if you choose rachel, then you see Flint in the lift and she says she won't fly with you anymore. If you don't talk to her in the lift is she still available as a choice for a wingman?

Yes, sort of, I think you end up with the end game where you're alone if you don't get one of them pissed.

Actually, if you end up alone, they´re both pissed. Except you chose flint and don´t send her home in the last mission, then only rachel is pissed and flint is dead. And you are alone, of course.
There´s no way to please them both. No polygamy in WC, sorry.

Actually, if you end up alone, they´re both pissed.

I always liked to think of it as "nuetral" seeing as in they both still do their jobs for you... they just don't share a bunk with you.

Red Baron said:
There are 3, on with flint, one with rachel and one with your han... er, alone.
4 if you count the losing endgame.

I would say five or six, since you can lose the game with or without Blair dying in a mission:

* End up with Rachel.
* End up with Flint.
* End up alone.
* Kilrathi invade Earth.
* Thrakhath executes Blair (with two options), then the Kilrathi invade Earth.

Fenris Ulven said:
sad that Flint wasent in wc 4 she was a great character,

I feel like you! i really liked Flint and was hoping to see her again, but unfortunatly the cannon story was Blair choosing Rachel - I never fully understand that.

I was always dating Flint, leaving Rachel to be pissed (I can do my own loadout,thanks) but I kept her away from the major battles at the end, so she was still alive and I could have the ending with her (which was way too short in my opinion.)

ugh flint bugged me... i love turning her down and then not talking to her so she's all pissed off when i fly with her...

Fenris Ulven said:
sad that Flint wasent in wc 4 she was a great character,

According to the WC3 Novel, she dies over Kilrah. So, it's pretty much a given that she wouldn't show up in WC4.

Of interesting note, there was a review for WC4 in Computer Gaming World some years ago, before the game was released, in which they claimed that Lt. Buckley (Cobra) would be returning in WC4. I found that option rather odd, as we watched them hurl her body out the airlock. I'm assuming that the writer of the article mistook the black lady in the senate scene who shouts "And now they attack us!" for Cobra. Oops on his part.

overmortal said:
According to the WC3 Novel, she dies over Kilrah. So, it's pretty much a given that she wouldn't show up in WC4.

Of interesting note, there was a review for WC4 in Computer Gaming World some years ago, before the game was released, in which they claimed that Lt. Buckley (Cobra) would be returning in WC4. I found that option rather odd, as we watched them hurl her body out the airlock. I'm assuming that the writer of the article mistook the black lady in the senate scene who shouts "And now they attack us!" for Cobra. Oops on his part.

Stupid mistake I guess.

Origin shouldnt've dumped Doomsday when they went to ingame movie sequences. He was the most funny character out of WC2.

I hate Rachel, bloody sucker up, i like independent characters... and arrogant characters..... like tolwyn, but he walked far to long in wc4...

Back