End Run Rollout Continues (May 8, 2018)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
The final missing ebook from the Baen Wing Commander catalog continues to march towards release. As previously mentioned, the Milk Run story is available as a sample chapter to help get fans excited. Since we last reported, the novel has been added for preorder on Kobo, and we've added links to Google Play as well. End Run fully releases on July 3, 2018. Also check out the new and improved Book Grid that Kris and LOAF made. All the digital options you could want in your WC novel life are now at your fingertips! (except Freedom Flight on Google Play, apparently)

--
Original update published on May 8, 2018

Actually, I never read any Wing Commander books, or any other books based on games. Except BattleTech.

So, as BattleTech had a recent revival (the computer game), I decided to give the Wing Commander books a try.
Starting with Freedom Flight, I have to say I'm pretty impressed.
It really fits. And the story is quite okay. Hobbes' background even more so, mostly because he isn't in the focus at all, but just a small piece that's part of the bigger picture.

I'll never understand,though, why Origin decided to completely scratch the Firekkans, though...

If you liked Freedom Flight... I hope you're not too disappointed with the rest! :) Freedom Flight is very uniquely Wing Commanderish, circa WC2 (and with good reason - Ellen Guon did contribute to both). Once you get to End Run, you will see a very noticeable shift in tone, as the books become more serious, in imitation of generic military sci-fi. They are all interesting in their own right, but Freedom Flight is just... special.

The books are great, I highly recommend you keep going! The only thing is that End Run sets up characters that you'll meet in most of the other novels, which is why we've been pushing so hard for it to get released.

Back