Skills:
-Armorer
-Heavy Armor
-Blunt
-Blade
-Restoration
-Block
-Athletics

I never got into Morrowind; I have no idea of what character to make. I'm afraid to make some combination that simply won't work later on and haveing to start over.... I like playing mages, any recomendations?

And I wish I could get the PC Collector's edition of Oblivion... damn

Edfilho said:
I never got into Morrowind; I have no idea of what character to make. I'm afraid to make some combination that simply won't work later on and haveing to start over.... I like playing mages, any recomendations?
All combinations work - some of them take a little more effort then others, but this will be the most noticeable at the start of the game. You'll never get into a situation where your character is no longer playable in the middle of the game.

And I wish I could get the PC Collector's edition of Oblivion... damn
Eh, well, if I can order the collector's edition from the US while living in Poland, surely it's possible to do that from Brazil as well?

d3r3k said:
The only thing stopping me is the lack of a DVD drive...
Hmm. Never thought I'd see the day when the lack of a DVD drive in someone's computer would surprise me. How much do they cost these days in the US? If they cost the equivalent of about $50 here in Poland, they gotta cost less than that in the US...

When I play RPGs I end up with a Fighter/Mage/Thief or something. That's the equivalent of a fighter/bomber.

Yeah, I can't understand how is it possible that a person who can afford games cannot afford a DVD-ROM drive.

And Quarto, thanks for the encouragement.
The reason I'm not buying Oblivion Collector's is that it gets REALLY expensive, if you add up customs duties and shipping. Especially if they mail it through DHL or FEDEX, fucking thiefs. I wanna kill'em all.

But I digress.
I will probably get to buy the regular version here, anyway.

Quarto said:
Hmm. Never thought I'd see the day when the lack of a DVD drive in someone's computer would surprise me. How much do they cost these days in the US? If they cost the equivalent of about $50 here in Poland, they gotta cost less than that in the US...

It was quite the oversight when I was building my computer. Sure, I could afford to buy one or many other different components now, but it wouldn't be a wise purchase.

d3r3k said:
It was quite the oversight when I was building my computer. Sure, I could afford to buy one or many other different components now, but it wouldn't be a wise purchase.

Over a year ago I got a 16 speed dual layer DVD burner for just over a $100 CDN. A plain DVD-ROM is considerably cheaper. Right now they go from 25 - 35 dollars CDN for a non writer 16 speed DVD drive. The price mostly varies depending on if you want software with it. (Though those prices do reflect OEM values)

It would be very hard to make a character that doesn't work. My only solid reccomendation is to have Athletics. It will pay off to be able to run quickly, and it will let you raise your Endurance quickly.

Fatcat said:
It would be very hard to make a character that doesn't work. My only solid reccomendation is to have Athletics. It will pay off to be able to run quickly, and it will let you raise your Endurance quickly.
I would argue against that and say that athletics is good only if you want to run away from combat.

I'm playing a female Breton specialiazing in security, alchemy (love that easy money), blade, heavy armor, destructive magic, speechcraft and one other I can't remember off hand. Oddly enough, she started out as a mage type and has become a gladiator thief instead... Just got her up to Level 6. Who else thinks that lockpicking mini-game is addictive? (assuming you aren't short on lock picks or money with which to get them)

As for the trampling question earlier in this thread, I just found an answer. You can't trample anyone on the horse but if you're off it, it'll attack enemies that attack it.

I played arena!
A got off my horse (That I bought) by accendent and when I got on, a person next to me cired out, "You thief!" And started to attack me!
Thats somthing that Bethsada needs a patch for...

Back