Your opinion of ejection pods,

• Practical means of escape

Votes: 27 60.0%
  • The cowards way out

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • indifferent

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
Rather than kill them, we could have tractored them in with SARs I suppose, but then again, if we left their pods alone, the Kilrathi might get to them first, and then put them back into a fighter, therefore letting them live = one more furball pilot coming at us by account of the Kilrathi empire having superior manufacturing capabilities. grease 'em while you got the chance!! worry about honour later when you've won the war

Ya know, I sometimes wonder if the Kilrathi are better of getting picked up by their own species. It's like... wouldn't the dishonor be too great? Will they be able to live with their "cowardice", and: will their clanmates?

nah, It would probably go something like this
<Kilrathi Captain> "Defeated by the hairless apes, a blow to your honour, but Sivar has spared you, go now, and regain your honour in battle"
<Kilrathi Pilot> "I will bring you a trophy from the defeat of the hairless ones"

yeah, and then kilrathi captain pushes a button and you see the pilot's body drifting through space, and then:

<Kilrathi captain>: "Sivar did not spare you. The humans did, thus insulting our race's honor. We shall have our revenge for the glory of Sivar"

I think the Kilrathi would give a pilot chance to recover his honour (they did in WCATV) otherwise, why do the kilrathi fit ejection pods to their fighters in the first place?

you're probably right, oggy. I've known that since the first post I made... Then why the frel did I post anyway? Man, my brain's getting pretty fucked up.:(
I gotta stop studying and get some r&r

It's nice when a fighter (alright, bomber) has a tractor beam, like Broadsword. Then you can pick up all the ejected kitty pilots, without having to wait for SAR.
And remember, honorless people always get what they deserved.

I remember tractoring heaps of ejected pilots in WC4. This however had nothing to do with selling people into slavery :eek: or gaining intelligence (except that one time when you tractor in the guy you met in the Nephele bar) but rather my fussy sense of cleanliness :eek: which pushes me into tractoring all the pilots and blowing all the mines.
Anyways the question I want to ask is after flying a standard WC4 patrol and tractoring like a half dozen pods, where do they all fit? I've seen them attach pods to ships in WCATV but that doesn't seem practical or realistic in WC4.

Prolly they go the same place they did in WC2, the cargo bay. Anyways, I just shoot them because it doesnt matter and you get to see really cool looking skeletons fly through space, and............I'm a Bastard like that! It's really fun to shoot maniacs pod and see his skeleton, then watch him get slapped in the next cutscene!! HAHAHAHA!..........

I know it does it in the Broadsword when youpick up ejected pilots and that data module, and I'm pretty sure it does it in the Sabre too.

I think $tormin (where have you been all the time, old foe?) referred to Mainac's skeleton and then see him getting slapped. :D

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I think $tormin (where have you been all the time, old foe?)

grounded due to lack of computer and internet connection
referred to Mainac's skeleton and then see him getting slapped. :D

oh, you mean getting him run over (or through. whatever the case may be)

Now with you and Zor Prime back, only mpanty is missing for another insults thread! Oh, wait the last one got closed because it was considered stupid. Well maybe we have better luck this time. :D

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Now with you and Zor Prime back, only mpanty is missing for another insults thread! Oh, wait the last one got closed because it was considered stupid. Well maybe we have better luck this time. :D

look what you gone and did, you made me agree with Ghost. thats going too far man :p

Ghost: Good, I am relieved! :)

$tormin: Still beligerent, heh? Nice...

It's getting late here (2.45 am), I ought to sleep at least a bit before uni tomorrow.

Back