Effin Previews!

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I went yesterday to see Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. But not before I had to watch this seemingly endless stream of previews for the most retarded looking movies ever.

How many times can they keep remaking the same movies? There was this one with Billy Bob Thornton where he's some washed up sports guy who I guess lost his way or something and he's an alcholic and now he's gonna coach a bunch of little pukes and turn them into winners. So that movie looked freaking stupid but it amazes me sometimes to find all the people laughing at all these lame cliche jokes but those same jokes just made my face contorted and I got constipated.

Then they showed another preview for a movie with Martin Lawrence where he's some basketball coach of some really good NBA team or something and he gets fired I think and loses his way and then he gets a job at some inner city middle school where he's gonna coach a bunch of little pukes and turn these kids into winners like Billy Bob Thorton will. Everyone laughed at that preview too. :confused:

Then there were these two other previews that were those computer animated movies and the first one was about a group of pigeons and the other one appeared like it was about chickens I think but they didn't show too much of that one. Everyone laughed at those previews too.

What gets me so bad is when the actual movie we were there to see was going, my girlfriend and I were among the minority of people who kept laughing at all the jokes. Things I thought were really funny and most people just didn't laugh.

I talked to a friend of mine who recently saw Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy and he said several people actually walked out of the theater.

Though Hitchikers Guide wasn't quite as good as I hoped it'd be, I still wouldn't expect people to actually walk out on it.

Anyway, I really really hate previews. And those goddamn Coke commercials they play where it's a bunch of teenage buddies hanging out like they're really keepin' it real and making home movies and making like things are truly their own.

Back