Editing ribbons in WC1?

Valkyrie386

Spaceman
Thanks to DosBox, I've just picked up Wing Commander 1 off my shelf again. Being the retentive type that I am, I want to pick up where I left off years ago, at the end of SM1. (I played the original game 3-4 times, and SM1 twice, but never moved on to SM2, partly because my disk was corrupted (I now have a fresh copy thanks to some kind soul who provided it to me (upon proof that I have the game by scanning the box, disk, Claw Marks, quick reference card, etc.)))

Anyway, as I said, being the retentive type, I also want my character to somewhat resemble my old character in terms of rank, decorations, etc., but I don't want to start over again. I have used the WC1SAV editor to promote myself and give myself some medals and kills, but haven't seen a way to add ribbons. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks much,

Valkyrie386

Hmm I'm not sure if you can give yourself the ribbons without having to complete certain things in the game which awards them to you. It might be one of those things where you actually have to go through and do it again to get close to your old character back, sucks I know, but come on don't you wanna play through wc1 and sm1 again, I mean they are pretty fun after all (well except of course for Kursawa 2 but that's debately)

Dundradal said:
Hmm I'm not sure if you can give yourself the ribbons without having to complete certain things in the game which awards them to you. It might be one of those things where you actually have to go through and do it again to get close to your old character back, sucks I know, but come on don't you wanna play through wc1 and sm1 again, I mean they are pretty fun after all (well except of course for Kursawa 2 but that's debately)

The bright side (no pun intended) of Kursawa is the Golden Sun medal. :cool:

Back